Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Demon Boy

Is anybody here half-life fans too?

Just because we like Doom doesn't mean we don't play other games too. People can play more than one game you know.

However, it just so happens that we feel that Doom is still more fun and scarier than Quake 3, Half-life, Counter-Strike Unreal Tournament, or whatever.

And it's an undisputed fact that editing for Doom is so much easier and better than editing for any of these new games, with their Worldcraft's and their QuarK's and all those other impossible to use editors.

Why do you only post when I post?
And why do you keep posting shit all the time?
Last time you posted something it was to say that Diablo is better than Doom! Then you post this saying that Half-Life is better too! Dude, get off the damn forums!

Demon Boy's ISP : 210.50.30.3
Blood Lord's ISP : 210.50.30.3

Either you're schizonphrenic or you're trying to prove something.

NiGHTMARE said:

Just because we like Doom doesn't mean we don't play other games too. People can play more than one game you know.

However, it just so happens that we feel that Doom is still more fun and scarier than Quake 3, Half-life, Counter-Strike Unreal Tournament, or whatever.

And it's an undisputed fact that editing for Doom is so much easier and better than editing for any of these new games, with their Worldcraft's and their QuarK's and all those other impossible to use editors.

C'mon, I don't know about scarier than the other games but it sure is a hell of alot more fun! I like levels like suburbs where there's this trap where all these mancubs,cacodemons and imps come charging at you!

NiGHTMARE said:

Hey! I know Demon Boy! He lives across the road from me so we can't be the same dude, dude! Besides he's a faggot and I'm not...

NiGHTMARE said:

Good work, Mr. Mulder =)

Yup. HL was the first game I played in Deathmatch. I still play it, and consider mself a good HL mapper, even though I haven't released anything yet.

Guest ZarcyB

Yes, Half-Life is a good game, but I don't think anyone here is going to "move on" from Doom to Half-Life.

Blood Lord said:

Besides he's a faggot and I'm not

What the hell does that have to do with anything?

Because it's possible to enjoy more than one game during any given period of time.

Sure, Half-Life single player is great although a little easy. The multiplay is a joke though.

I just beat Undying three times and I'm thinking about playing through it again.

I will probably never put down Doom. Let's see who gives a rats ass about Q3A in seven years.

We don't really "move on". We pretty much check out the new stuff that comes out and when we get bored of it, we go back to Doom :)

NiGHTMARE said:

i find qoole esay to use , but still 6 textures per brush to alighn geez thats to much for me

Halflife is great, but it's just not as good. I can't explain it. That, and some of the enemies are annoying.

HALF-LIFE RULES!
OPPOSING FORCES RULES!

I like these games and I cant wait for HALF-LIFE:Blue Shift to come out.But I dont plan on moving on and as well as I can see for many others here.

I like Half-Life. :) I'm even in the Megaman X Half-Life Team (somehow as a modeler. Go fig. :) But I'm still staying with Doom, cauz too much cool stuff is still being released. =^)

Test-0

elbryan42 said:

Halflife is great, but it's just not as good. I can't explain it. That, and some of the enemies are annoying.

>>"some of the enemies are annoying"

Headcrabs anyone? ;)

Blood Lord said:

C'mon, I don't know about scarier than the other games but it sure is a hell of alot more fun! I like levels like suburbs where there's this trap where all these mancubs,cacodemons and imps come charging at you!

Serious Sam has that element too. It has traps, and fuck loads of action. It rocks.

heh. uh, why would you tell people on doomworld.com to go play Halflife instead. go tell people at Planethalflife.com to play Halflife instead. and erico is gay

/me BURPS! so loudly that the shockwave cracks your skull in two, and your brain falls out both sides onto the sidewalk where the crows eat it, and become rabid, and then go bite all of your relatives, who in turn die!

Seriously...it seems your topic has more to do with half life, than doom.

I think we need that "Miscellaneous" forum that (I think it was) Lut was talking about.

I "like" Half-Life. Beated the game 5 times, but I'm not going to adopt the community.
My relationship with gaming communities is pretty weak, this is the only place where I post, and I never check daily stuff, only the greatest mods and levels.

Lüt said:

Because it's possible to enjoy more than one game during any given period of time.

WHAT? YOU MEAN I CAN BUY ANOTHER ONE?

/me trashes Minesweeper.

AirRaid said:

>>"some of the enemies are annoying"

Headcrabs anyone? ;)

Don't forget about those black Ops chicks. They're worse than the bots in Q3A.(thank God they don't have railguns)^__^