Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Ghostpilot

I stole this idea from other news-sites

This is just an idea for adding some "community feeling" to the DooM community.

I have seen a trend among news-sites. More and more news-sites have T-shirts with their logo on. The people that wears them feel like they are a part of something and the people that sells them makes money. Not a bad combination.

It´s just one small little problem with "porting" this idea over to DooMworld. Does DooMworld have a logo? I know there´s an image with DOOMWORLD in white text above the news section, but it that realy the DooMworld logo?

Anyway... It would be realy cool if DooMworld could have a T-shirt with a DooM related logo on it that the people visiting the page can buy.

I don´t know anything about trademarks and so on, so I can´t tell if it´s illegal to have DooM related logos on T-shirts and sell them. But apart from that, I think it´s a good idea. What do the rest of you think?

what a fantastic idea, I'd be the most popular person at school wearing a doomworld t-shirt! :P

You could have that Doomworld header text in white with a cyan/teel glow eminating from it on a black shirt.

Of course, the problem is that nobody would buy one.

Unless it had something bashing people who think entertainment is responsible for general idiocy, then I'd buy one.

Jon said:

what a fantastic idea, I'd be the most popular person at school wearing a doomworld t-shirt! :P

That's what I was going to say... but it was a good idea...

Lüt said:

You could have that Doomworld header text in white with a cyan/teel glow eminating from it on a black shirt.

Of course, the problem is that nobody would buy one.

Unless it had something bashing people who think entertainment is responsible for general idiocy, then I'd buy one.

Maybe a little catch phrase under "Doomworld", something like "Potential Killer staring you" in order to freak out morons.

You might think that would ruin even more DooM's reputation, but I think that if we take this stupid crap as a joke, people will start understanding...

Zaldron said:

"Potential Killer staring you"

Something like that. Of course it would actually make sense.

This comes to mind;

http://www.penny-arcade.com/line.shtml

Guest Nuno Correia
Zaldron said:

Maybe a little catch phrase under "Doomworld", something like "Potential Killer staring you" in order to freak out morons.

You might think that would ruin even more DooM's reputation, but I think that if we take this stupid crap as a joke, people will start understanding...

Actually, that's a brilliant idea!

Examples:
"Potential killer staring at you"
"Brainless murderer"
"Killer in the making"
"Columbine."

Nuno Correia said:

"Potential killer staring at you"

That would look kinda silly if it was on the back...

Guest Nuno Correia

No. It would go on the front. The phrase would be written along the chest and aligned to the right, below it, the DW logo.

Guest pickle_hammer

To save time... a screen shot of the doomworld forum! A NEW T-SHIRT EVERY MONTH!!!! choose from the following:
various nonsense message - $5
doomworld/newdoom/doomserv/irc flamewar - $8
information on new project/port - $10
Newbies saying hello - $4
flooding of same message from different people - $12
Hot topic - $15

One size fits all!

Does anyone know if this is illegal?
To use a trademarked logo and put it on a T-shirt and sell it.

I DooMworld T-shirt without a DooMlogo wouldn´t be right.

Just a thought. Isn´t it illegal to make a poster of a trademarked logo aswell? I was thinking about making myself a DooMposter (I saw i in some other posts here).

Beside us (the mindless readers of DooMworld),is there someone of the persons with "more power" that likes this T-shirt thing?