Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Frogger85

Doom Still lives

Guest Frogger85

Wow man I love doom but I though I was the only one here that still made wads and played doom but I dfound this site checked the date on the messages and there up to date so now my next Qustions is where does everyone play at multiplay in all my years the only way I played doom multi is over lan well anyways thanx and plan on seeing me here more often (dont no what im gogin to tell my Rainbow six friends)

Guest Malachai

Yeah, sometimes you can be surprised. But I personally want to welcome you to the community. We need people with a love for Doom, not flamewars. ;) So bring peace, eh? But really, welcome, fellow Doomer!

Welcome frogger. Meet the green caco. :)

You're not the only one who still makes wads around here. Lazer is working on a cool wad named "Underworld" which contains a lot of special effects that you won't see in everyday levels. I'm working on a wad named Stone Stratagems which contains a series of high-paced levels which have a somewhat Doom 64-like feel. Both wads are still under construction. I'm currently a little stuck on mine, but I'll get unstuck sooner or later. Be sure to check them both out sometime and see what you think of them.

Where does everyone play multiplayer Doom you ask? Some people play using launchers such as Doomserv, ZDaemon, and others. You can get them both here at Doomworld, but first I'd probably begin to get to know some people here instead of jumping right into playing online. But then again, that's me. :)

It's good to know that Doom still lives and it rules!

You aint the only one who still makes wads,we got a horde of em here.I retierd from creating wads,I wasent that good any ways.But I will admit that I made two megawads awhile back that they rocked.Never released cause im not good with computers excactly(dont make me explain).

I dont play multi-player often,almost never but you can see as the others will tell you.

Howdy.

To answer your question... there are several ways to play Doom online.

The three main ways are with ZDaemon, CSDoom and Skulltag.

I recommend ZDaemon, I get the best experience from that one. If you're more familiar with Q3A then Skulltag is your way to go... easier transition back into the rules of Doom.

http://www.truelights.com

Guest fraggle`

frogger was a cool game. not as good as sopwith of course, but cool nonetheless.

Man, breathe when you talk! Couldn't understand a word you were saying cause you spit it all out in one breath.

(Use punctuation)

well a lot of people make wads.

now about multiplayer ports
theres
"zdeamon"
"csdoom"
"skulltag"

Zaldron said:

Beware of the entity known as... "Lüt".Run, RUN WHILE YOU CAN!!!

Lüt isn't the one you have to worry about.

BWAHAHAHAHAHA

(Worry about Esco, Pickle Hammer, and Cacodemon Leader. All your base are belong to them.)

Guest ZarcyB

Pickle Hammer is no more.

/me welcomes you with a BURP!

It's good to see a new person that came into the forums politely, and enthusiasticly =)

(Although, you might want to repair the "," and "." keys on your keyboard. I hear using those two characters are VERY MUCH in style right now, and can make you very popular.)

Guest Cacodemon Leade
Katgut said:

Lüt isn't the one you have to worry about.

BWAHAHAHAHAHA

(Worry about Esco, Pickle Hammer, and Cacodemon Leader. All your base are belong to them.)

WHAT DID YOU SAY YOU JACKASS? YOU ARE SO RUDE KATGUT! I OUGHTA GUT YOU FOR THAT!!

/me gibs KatGut the asshole

/me takes a big gulp of air
Hello there I too play Doom/Doom2, and find it is still a fun game I am glad to see you like it too anyways hope you like it here and enjoy posting I know I do..cough...cough..wheeze
/me gasps for breath