Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Sephiroth

favorite levels and episodes

personaly my fav episode is 1 and my favortie doo maps are e1m5, e1m7, e3m4, and e2m6. as for doom2 i like map27, 09, 10, and 15

OH ICK, HE LIKES PLAYING IN MAPS FULL OF POO!

The episode one maps were the most generic maps. I usually never play them.

I liked the design in episode two and four, and the concept and theme for episode three ruled; too bad the maps weren't as fine-tuned as the rest of the episodes.

Most of Doom2 = the suck, except some of the beginning maps, 10, 14, 17, 22, 24, 28 and 29. And those weren't really that great either.

Favourite Episode:Episode 2
Favourite Levels from each episode(I like all levels,but there are ceartinones):e1m3,e1m4,e1m5,e1m7,e2m2,e2m4,e2m5,e2m7,
e3m1,e3m3,e3m5,e3m7,all of episode 4

Doom2:refueling base,suburbs,blood falls,spirit world,living end and icon of sin

Tough to say. I didn't like DOOM 2 as much as doom. Levels from DOOM 2 that I thought were cool in no particular order: map15, map 9, map 11, map 8, map 19, map 20. The rest were ho-hum. The first 4 levels were particularly ho-hum. I liked how there was a sense of evolution in map06. Although I thought the end of that map was brackish. DOOM 2 did have that going for it: good evolution, or at least it attempted to have a sense of evolving. DOOM's level evolution isn't as noticeable, but is actually very good. Let's start with Episode 1. The first level was just quintissential. Perfect starting level for an episode. A true gem. Level 2: nice length and feel. Map 6 and 7: give you the sense of being deep in the heart of the moonbase. Although the outside exit chamber in E1M7 sorta ruins this. Episode 2: Great starting map. I had been playing doom shareware for what felt like an eternity, and had already grown that familiar going on nastalgic feeling for the episode with all its secrets and great atmosphere. When I played E2M1, I fell in love with DOOM all over again. With the introduction of teleporters and just a different, yet comfy feel. Map 4 really felt like you were far into the episode. I really dug this level. Level 7 not such a great penultimate map. although it's exit area was better than E1M7's in that it was more appropriate as an exit for the next to last level. Episode 3: once again, DOOM has yet another great atmosphere with level 1. I fallzies in love again. :-) If level 1 didn't convince you this episode was gonna be different, level 2 definatley did. Although level 3 goes back to the classic doom architecture/feel. Level 4, like level 4 in episode 2, was the heart of the episode. You felt like you were really in hell now. And, of course, Limbo was a great penultimate level with a great exit area. Episode 4: ho-hum level 1. Great level 2. Ho hum level 3. Terrible level 4. Ho-hum/good level 5. (doesn't fit in episode, so only gets the lukewarm rating, otherwise it would be a great level if properly placed in an episode. Level 6: good, level 7: excellent and a great penultimate level.

I can never decide which I like most from DOOM. Episode 1's secrets were always so cool. And the atmosphere of Episode 1 with its cool sky and nice looking levels. How e1m3 has that open area with the imp firing from above and being able to go up there and shoot rockets from where the imp was. And E1M3 also had the coolest secret level access. That was just so well done. I judge maps based on their atmosphere and *feel* that they have. E2M4 may be my favorite map. I love the layout and the texturing and how it has two different flavors to it. The blue computer stuff. The twisting bridge between the slime. The slime surrounding the comptuter structures and then the yellow key area, with the cool floor crush to ceiling part (you have to find the hidden door to get out of that area: one of the great moody parts of e2m4). E3M4 was one of my all time favorites. Awesome atomsphere for this one, too. Wait, I loved the false exit area of E2M6. See, for the first 3 episodes of doom, you can't say one level was the best... you just can't.

I didn't even like episode 4 except for level 2 and 7. I didn't dig the "thy flesh consumed" vibe. I ddin't like the names of the levels and the feel of the episode. Not representitive of what DOOM is. E4M5 was hellish, but it was out of place from the other levels in the episode. E4M2 was a great atomsphere setter for the rest of the episode. Except the rest of the episode didn't make sense and atmosphere was undefined. Level 4 was totally useless. Seems like it shoulda been a DM only map. It had to progression! It seemed uncharacteristically too small. Umm.. wow, I've rambled on with my DOOM analysis too long. Oh, yes, E4M7, another great level. so E4M2 and E4M7 were both great levels. i think I liked e4m7 even more. The last level was alright. E4M6 had some cool parts but was excruciatingly unfun to play: I need to see a demo of someone kicking ass in that level. That level was really cool, now that I think about it. So, yes, that's 3 levels, then from E4. All the others were ho-hum to lame. E3: all levels were excellent. E2: all levels were excellent. E1: all levels were excellent. Caveats for those last 3 statements: all secret levels of DOOM sucked! Why is this? Oh well. Well, episode 1's secret level was kinda cool: had a very specific feel to it which earns it some points. Ok, that's enough on the analysis of DOOM levels.

Btw Lut, it's "X = teh suck", not "the" suck. Hmm.. nevermind. It's "X = the suck" and "Y = teh win." Good 'nuff.

Ultimate Doom - e1m6; e1m7; e2m5; e2m7; e2m8 (especially on PSX Doom); e3m3; e3m5; e3m6; e3m7; e4m3; e4m5...well, in general, I love Hell-themed maps.

Doom II - map03; map06; map09; map10; map16; map18; map19; map24; map26; map28

Lüt said:

OH ICK, HE LIKES PLAYING IN MAPS FULL OF POO!

The episode one maps were the most generic maps. I usually never play them.

I liked the design in episode two and four, and the concept and theme for episode three ruled; too bad the maps weren't as fine-tuned as the rest of the episodes.

Most of Doom2 = the suck, except some of the beginning maps, 10, 14, 17, 22, 24, 28 and 29. And those weren't really that great either.

Doom1: definitely episode 1, episode 3 had it's moments and ep2 was good too.

Doom2: The Living End was tricky and made it kinda fun and tough to complete but most of the maps were pure crap (to me). It shall be interesting to see where you begin in Doom3.

Episode 1: all
Episode 2: 2 (one of my ALL TIME favorties), 8, 9
Episode 3: 5, 7, 8
Episode 4: all

DOOM II
5, 6, 9, 10, 11, 26, 27, 30

Final DOOM TNT Evilution
2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 19, 22

Final DOOM Plutonia
!!! Only with cheats