Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
nightmare imp

Doom is For Doomers

Once again im lost in Audio Visual class,such as woundeful,and exciting class....nah

Why did you start playing Doom,what got you hooked on it? How, when, where, why?

How did you find out about it, friend, family, media etc etc.

For me,it was a sunny bright day when I was walking around town during the summer hallidays back in the day when I saw Doom on the shelf."Hmm,interseting" I thought and I wallkeed over to it,casually.I picked it up from the shelve and smiled.
My older sister,a computer wiz loaded it on the computer for me and I began playing Doom.

I fell in love with Doom from that day onwards.

Than I found about it being on the sony plystation a few years later and I bought Doom and was astonished.And I found out about Doom 2 on the psx doom.Than I wanted Doom 2 on the pc,I found a used version of Doom2 at a local video game store.I bought it and the same thing happend again.

Than Final Doom shortly followed after also Doonm 64 and to this day,im a Doomer.So you see,Doom is for Doomers,not for a one time Doomer.I must of played over a life of Doom.

Guest ZarcyB

There was a review of 32X Doom in a Sega Magazine that I bought ages ago... I don't think that was how I found out about it but that's as far back as I can remember. I also bought a few issues of a SNES mag with SNES Doom guides in it. My first experience of playing Doom was in a computer shop (now bust) and I remember getting chucked out :P

I don't agree with your subject title 'doom is for doomers'. When I purchased doom I was told it was for 'players of 15 years or older'.

Guest ZarcyB

Man, do you ever do any work at school? :P

ummm about sometime in 94 i think it was in the summer but my uncle said he had this game called doom and and he said i should come over and try it and i thought it rocked (he had the shareware version) and i played through the entire first episode on hey not too rough and beat it...i got really good at it the first time i played it...and from that day on i loved doom

Does that mean that Quake is for Quakers?

* Katgut hands out oats with every copy of a game of the Quake series

First played Doom on the SNES. I was amazed. Not by the graphics, but the game itself. It was total fun. Then I played Doom on the PS-X. Of course it had Doom2 but I didn't know that at the time-I thought it was just more of Doom1, set on Earth. Anyway, playing those two Dooms got me excited at the prospect of more Doom in the form of Final Doom on the PC and PS-X. Now I have every version of Doom imaginable, and I'm a very happy young man.

ZarcyB said:

Man, do you ever do any work at school? :P

Eh,most of the time.But in animation,audio visual and info processing is just a waste of time.The teacher is a bitch and the work is pointless.So since there all in the same computer room,I go here of course.So when I post a topic,I usually start with the not working thing.

I remember having become bored with Wolfenstein 3D after completing the first 3 episodes as well as the Nocternal Missions. My brother, who is totally a non-computer person, ironically was the one that told me about doom. "It's got stairs and is totally different and more advanced than Wolfenstien", he was telling me. I was like, eh, whatever. I never am interested in games until I've played them. So I didn't think much of this DOOM and wasn't going out of my way to get it. I don't remember how I finally got the shareware version, but I remember thinking it was lame upon first sight of it on my dad's old 386. Too dark, too weird, too slow and I couldn't identify *anything*. But it wasn't long before it's atmosphere and character had me playing noon and night. I remember being blown away by the new non-hominid demons when I got to E1M3. The outdoor area with the slime on eithier side of a donut type catwalk with an onslaught of demons coming at me. There was no way I was gonna get to the other side of that catwalk. Then E1M4 with the lined up barrels, and the hidden Rocketlauncher in the slime tunnel: how cool was that! E1M5 with a catwalk that raised out of the slime, E1M6 with its awesome secrets and so on.... The more I played, the more I fell in love. It wasn't long before I became very familiar with all the levels and intricate secrets. Everytime I beat the game there was that screen saying: to continue the DOOM experience, play the Shores of Hell and it's amazing sequel: Inferno! I started fantasizing about the new monsters and weapons and hellish climate that awaited. When I finally got the game I was not disappointed. I was totally sucked in from the very start of E2M1 and the rest is history.

Once again, another outrageously long post.

Well, let's see. Back when I was about 9 or 10, and didn't even know how to go download an executable, my Dad's friend downloaded the Wolf 3d demo, and I thought that was the coolest thing since sliced bread. Soon afterwards, I got my mits on the full game(60 levels and a whopping 2.5 megs of HD space), and played the hell out of that.

Then, when I was about 12, a friend mentioned a game called Doom, but his description was really vague, centering around the fact that there's a chainsaw, and things to shoot...but then he said it was by "some company called id", and that got my attention. I downloaded the Shareware version, and was totally blown away. After that, I picked up Doom 2 and loved every bit of it.

Since then, I've gotten, or at least played each of iD's games, but after a while, I got tired of the Quake series, and got back into the Doom community again.

Jon said:

I don't agree with your subject title 'doom is for doomers'. When I purchased doom I was told it was for 'players of 15 years or older'.

rofl, oh well, i was playing doom when i was about 8 :P

RTC_Marine said:

i was playing doom when i was about 8 :P

You too? I have been playing it since about then. 7 years solid now and I lost count of how many versions later, I remain steadfast in my beleif that Doom is the greatest shooter EVER.

Katgut said:

Does that mean that Quake is for Quakers?

* Katgut hands out oats with every copy of a game of the Quake series

OMG. You did it. You used the duck...
/runs for cover...