Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
NiGHTMARE

Latest DW poll

Umm, how can anyone say that the PS2 is better than the X-Box will be, when all of the X-Box's specs are at least double that of the PS2?

you have to compare hardware and software separately.

Besides...since NOBODY actually owns an X-Box yet, I think it is DAMN NEAR IMPOSSIBLE, to make any sound judgement on the performance of the two side by side in any situation, let alone a real world situation.

its not the specs of the machine its what you do with it and the quality of games that will come out for it...look at me , playing snes is still one of my favorite things to do...

I'm waiting before I state an opinion. Case in point:

SNES - one of the best systems ever with the best games. equal to the psx.

N64 - bought it the second it came out. awesome for a year, then all of the games (maybe not zelda) sucked ass.

Just because the PSX is one of the best systems doesn't mean the PS2 will follow in the PSX's footsteps. And those are large shoes to fill. The X-Box could be the best system, it may suck hardcore. I'm not getting hyped up about it yet.

Just like Doom 3. I don't care about it until it comes out and I see it for myself. It could be another Daikatana for all we know. Besides, seeing the final product first makes it all the sweeter.

On the other hand, the Game Boy Advance will kick ass. It's basically an SNES again. I'm buying it for Castlevania, Metroid 4 & Doom anyways, but even if they release the same games for it as the SNES (Final Fight, Earthworm Jim, etc) it'll still be worth it. One of the best systems around in the palm of your hand.

Now all they need is a battery powered, handheld equivilent of the Playstation.

Guest Cacodemon Leade

Pffffffft, The Nintendo Gamecube is good enough even to run Serious Sam, if it is ported to the Nintendo Gamecube, that is. The RAM in the CPUs and Game Consoles are completely different.

But as for the X-Box, it will most likely be better than the Playstation 2.

NiGHTMARE said:

Umm, how can anyone say that the PS2 is better than the X-Box will be, when all of the X-Box's specs are at least double that of the PS2?

Because the rating of a system isn't entirely dependant on its specifications? I would have thought being a doom fan you'd know that.

What I feared the most is happening...
Xbox is evolving into a pc!!
During a game demonstration on E3 2001, the xbox CRASHED with a blue screen!!

Cacodemon Leade said:

Pffffffft, The Nintendo Gamecube is good enough even to run Serious Sam, if it is ported to the Nintendo Gamecube, that is. The RAM in the CPUs and Game Consoles are completely different.

But as for the X-Box, it will most likely be better than the Playstation 2.

Sorry to bother you.. but why you have to quote Serious Sam every single fucking time you post? It's starting to get on my nerves...

It's all in the games. Now, I'm not saying that PS2 games are better, in fact, I couldn't care less about console games right now...

Dima said:

You'd think they'd at least disguise the blue-screen error nowerdays, its so infamous

I knew some people would say something about the quality of games. Okay, lets take a look at a few of the games that will be released on the X-Box:

Halo
Deus Ex 2
Thief 3
Grand Theft Auto 3
Malice
Doom 3 (this is only a guess, but Carmack's love of the X-Box is well know, so...)

I think you'll have to find a different argument, guys.

Shaviro said:

Because some people are completely numb in the head.

I agree. If a Doomworld poll asked "what's your favourite Doom game", the answer "uh, there's more than one?" would win by a mile.

nightmare imp said:

I dont know how anyone can say that,I dont even know the specs for either system so im not one of em.

Well, put it this way: the PS2 is already out (and has been for some time) and the X-Box is still being developed.

NiGHTMARE said:

I knew some people would say something about the quality of games. Okay, lets take a look at a few of the games that will be released on the X-Box:

Halo
Deus Ex 2
Thief 3
Grand Theft Auto 3
Malice
Doom 3 (this is only a guess, but Carmack's love of the X-Box is well know, so...)

I think you'll have to find a different argument, guys.

Halo -- will be on PC
Deus Ex 2 -- will be on PC
Thief 3 -- will be on PC
Grand Theft Auto 3 -- will be on PC
Malice -- probably X-Box only
Doom 3 -- will be on PC, duh

Guest Nuno Correia
NiGHTMARE said:

I agree. If a Doomworld poll asked "what's your favourite Doom game", the answer "uh, there's more than one?" would win by a mile.

What would be even more atrocious, is that people might actually think that that only Doom game was Doom 2 :)

All the systems have their pros as well as cons. The Gamecube and PS2 are about equal, whereas the X-Box has the *POTENTIAL* of being an excellent system.

However, the PS3 is slated for a 2005 release. In fact, in less than half a decade ALL of these systems will be dead wood.

The Gameboy Advance, however, will STILL be a great system to have for at least seven years to come (in my opinion). It's also the cheapest of the lot, and is the only one with full portability.

What pisses me off, though, is that all the systems have TWO analog sticks. What in the blue fuck for? Replace the right hand analog stick with a trackball for freelook in FPS games! Sheesh, how hard is it to figure out?

Linguica said:

Halo -- will be on PC
Thief 3 -- will be on PC

In fact, all that crap about Thief III and Deus Ex II for X-box first was an utter lie. Warren Spector sent a mail to PlanetDeusEx saying these games are for the PC.

yes x-box will be better then the ps2 grafix wise. but hay its the game compainies that are also controlling how the consols run in the market, and im going to get a ps2 over a xbox for the fact that square soft(and many other companies are making many games for the ps2 that i will not see in any other system. witch will probly be the cass with crono trigger 2(is this a rumor or has anybody got real proff of this).and i think only ff xi will be xbox not x. but if you like the upcoming games for the x-box then you whould think it is more saparior system to the ps2

Linguica said:

Halo -- will be on PC
Thief 3 -- will be on PC

Hello, anyone in? I was comparing the X-Box and the PS2, what the heck does the PC have to do with it?

FYI, there are strong rumblings that Halo will be X-Box only.

deadnail said:

All the systems have their pros as well as cons. The Gamecube and PS2 are about equal, whereas the X-Box has the *POTENTIAL* of being an excellent system.

However, the PS3 is slated for a 2005 release. In fact, in less than half a decade ALL of these systems will be dead wood.

The Gameboy Advance, however, will STILL be a great system to have for at least seven years to come (in my opinion). It's also the cheapest of the lot, and is the only one with full portability.

What pisses me off, though, is that all the systems have TWO analog sticks. What in the blue fuck for? Replace the right hand analog stick with a trackball for freelook in FPS games! Sheesh, how hard is it to figure out?

In my opinion, the only good console is an upgradable console... but then it'd pretty much be a computer.

By the way, if you can judge which system is "best" by the games available for it, surely that means that the ZX spectrum is better than the Dreamcast? =p

Zaldron said:

In fact, all that crap about Thief III and Deus Ex II for X-box first was an utter lie. Warren Spector sent a mail to PlanetDeusEx saying these games are for the PC.

Actually, he said that they're for the PC _and_ the X-Box.

Which is still bad news, because it means the games will have to be "dumbed down" technology wise.

Guest ZarcyB
Linguica said:

Halo -- will be on PC
Thief 3 -- will be on PC

Grand Theft Auto 3 will be on PS2.

Dima said:

Wha ha ha... Good 'ole Microsoft.

Lüt said:

Heh, consoles.

HAHAHA!

Sorry.

Hey, watch it. I won't tolerate anyone talking bad about consoles and subsequently the SNES. Chrono Trigger is on the SNES, dammit!

If you don't behave, I'll steal all your drugs.