Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Toke

Post a picture of yourself!

TraceOfSpades said:

Much thanks. I look like a super villain in the winter because my glasses are transitions that turn into shades in the sun, and I wear a black trench coat with combat boots when it gets cold out, and I have a large scar on the back of my head from when I fell asleep at the wheel doing 70mph. I love the look. Haha

Nice I like the combat attire you're describing haha You seriously fell asleep at the wheel doing 70? Oh my god

the_miano said:

Nice I like the combat attire you're describing haha You seriously fell asleep at the wheel doing 70? Oh my god

Yeah. Totaled my van, a truck, and the cherry picker he was hauling. I shattered my right wrist and cracked me head open, my right knee is still numb from going through the dashboard, and this was eight years ago. I'm lucky to be alive. I'll post a photo of the van when I get home.

TraceOfSpades said:

Yeah. Totaled my van, a truck, and the cherry picker he was hauling. I shattered my right wrist and cracked me head open, my right knee is still numb from going through the dashboard, and this was eight years ago. I'm lucky to be alive. I'll post a photo of the van when I get home.

You are pretty damn lucky to have survived that crash. Good thing you were in a van, they are typically safer than most cars.

the_miano said:

You are pretty damn lucky to have survived that crash. Good thing you were in a van, they are typically safer than most cars.

Damn straight. That's why three of the four vehicles I've owned (including my current vehicle) have been Dodge Caravans. Safety. Also, being a guitarist, it is a much more efficient vehicle when it comes to hauling equipment, and better on gas than larger trucks.

TraceOfSpades said:

As promised, here's the wreck.

Holy crap.... I can't believe your knee actually broke that windshield! That's an awful wreck. Count your blessings... most people would die from a wreck like that.

the_miano said:

Holy crap.... I can't believe your knee actually broke that windshield! That's an awful wreck. Count your blessings... most people would die from a wreck like that.

IDDQD.

Also, my knee didn't break the windshield. It went through the dashboard. The hole in the windshield is from a pipe he was hauling that went through it.

TraceOfSpades said:

IDDQD.

Also, my knee didn't break the windshield. It went through the dashboard. The hole in the windshield is from a pipe he was hauling that went through it.

Lol of course IDDQD! Good thing that pipe didn't hit you.

Fuck man, I know what it's like - I'm so glad you made it thru... I think yours was way worse than mine though, the only thing killed in mine was my old car (RIP, I still miss that '96 toyota camry..)

This was 8 months ago now, my other half and my dog were in the car with me and we all were somehow okay. Though I can't imagine what it'd be like with other vehicles.. A cherry picker.. good lord.

Doomkid said:

Fuck man, I know what it's like - I'm so glad you made it thru... I think yours was way worse than mine though, the only thing killed in mine was my old car (RIP, I still miss that '96 toyota camry..)

http://i.imgur.com/DC61Lj3.jpg

This was 8 months ago now, my other half and my dog were in the car with me and we all were somehow okay. Though I can't imagine what it'd be like with other vehicles.. A cherry picker.. good lord.

Thanks brother. I'm glad too. What did you run into?

Well it was almost midnight after about 8 hours on the road (doing a cross country drive) and it randomly became very hot and humid outside and started raining... Good ol' costal Aussie weather. I guess my car didn't like the combination of the wamrth and the slickness of the water on the road - I was only going 50k (about 35 mph) but lost control and slammed into the "wall railing" of the overpass I was on. I'm so glad that thing was concrete reinforced - If it was just a normal guard rail, my wife, my dog and myself would have been flesh stew. Thankfully all we lost was the car.

So yours was 8 years ago, how old does that make you now?

I'll be twenty five in October. I had just turned seventeen a month prior to the accident. So it's just shy of eight years ago.

I was hanging out with a couple of friends all night, and around AM we finally fell asleep. Then at six thirty the girl woke us up and said, "Trace! My dad wakes up for work in half an hour and I snuck out to come here." So I said get in the van (AFTER the chick was already at my house. How about that!). So after I dropped her off, my best friend (still to this day as a matter of fact) says, "Dude, can you take me home too since we're already out?" He lived one town South of mine. So I drove him home. When we get to his house, he goes, "Dude, you look pretty tired. You ought to come catch some Shuteye or something.". I regrettably declined because I only lived five minutes up the road. Little did I know that three minutes up the road I was going to get really fucked up and destroy my van. Now, I must have gotten a horseshoe shoved up my ass or something, because I was lucky enough to have gotten into the accident right in front of one of the town's fore departments. So the ambulance was there in less than sixty seconds. My buddy still blames himself for that wreck, unfortunately. When I woke up in the wreck, I was hallucinating. I swear I saw my pal bash his head against the dashboard and fall into the floorboard area. So when I woke up, I just start yelling out my buddy's name because I thought I killed him. A funny thing happened immediately after impact, though. My cell phone started to ring, and my ringtone was Frantic by Metallica. This is funny because the music video centers around a car crash. If you haven't seen the video, check it out.

No, but damn I want one, the more DOOM stuff the merrier!

Trace, holy god damn, I'm glad I finally got to read that.. It's a damn good thing no one was actually in the car with you, and it's a shame your friend blames himself. Crazy story man, good thing everything turned out as well as it did, considering the scope of such an accident!

I haven't seen a Doom bracelet till now, where did you get it?

Also, looking gooood!

Chezza said:

Forgot to put a top on but remembered the bracelet? Ah well It's a Doom forum, and the internet, good for you.

Jesus Chu, I'm sorry about that thread in FB group. I'm basically done with it after that. Funny they have all that to say when I hardly see anyone from there ever post here anyway...

StevieCybernetik said:

Jesus Chu, I'm sorry about that thread in FB group. I'm basically done with it after that. Funny they have all that to say when I hardly see anyone from there ever post here anyway...

Yeah, I had to ask Ling if that was a legit Doomworld group or not because I've never gotten that treatment over here. As expected, it wasn't, so I bailed. I can take a lot of shit, but what I cannot take are intolerant children that question my parenting abilities, of all things. The nerve of those people!

I met some pretty rad dudes in the process who stuck up for me, so it's no big deal. Let them have their cake and eat it. :-)

After seeing what kind of reactions you got, I decided to leave that group by myself as well, out of mere solidarity.

I had no issue with curbstomping a few of those morons. I couldn't believe the level of /b/tardation. I couldn't stop laughing at the "SJW" accusation because I understood the difference between having an opinion and keeping it to yourself...and being a com-puh-lete fucking asshole for no good reason. It was even better getting called that from someone whose anti-police conspiracy nutcase...anyway...here's a pic of my fine self from this year's DragonCon to keep this thread on track:

sorry chu that the fb doomworld group practically lynched you on the spot.

sad to see people in the doom community act like that. Was inexcusable.

Sometimes I wonder if the real post hell is, in fact, the facebook page lol. Absurd amount of assbags on there for some reason.

Phazon_1 said:

Agreed. bunch of arseholes on that FB group and they had the cheek to have a go at me for defending her.

Same. they were starting on me as well for calling them out. Fortunately Julian came in and put a end to it.

I wonder when Julian will wander back here after all the crap he's had to put up with in that bloody group.

Obsidian said:

I wonder when Julian will wander back here after all the crap he's had to put up with in that bloody group.

What surprises me the most is how people portray themselves publically. I mean, sure, I would assume this forum gets its fair share of ignorant dumbasses that are quickly cast aside via losering or ban... but generally they hide their shame under the cloak of privacy (some equally dumb username).

Where as, with facebook, most of the bigots, homophones, racists, inbred hillbilly rednecks all come out in broad daylight.. exposing themselves for who they really are, no pseudo name to hide behind, and in seemingly far higher numbers than the forums.

Seems that social networking has become quite the cesspool of society's worst in many groups. To the point where people are don't even care anymore about making an ass out of themselves, or broadcasting to the world how pathetic they truly are.

What bothers me more is that they find no wrong doing in such, and consider it socially acceptable behavior.

@Chu, I think some people got the impression that you were trying show off more than your new Doom bracelet. Just be careful of what you post on the internet.