Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Tobester

DOOM Anomaly

I was wondering if anyone knew where I could find/has a copy on their hard drive of DOOM Anomaly. The same day it came out a few years back I went offline, so I couldn't dl it, and by the time I DID get back online doomnation was gone. :/

Haha, that reminds me, I just stumbled across the old Team Insanity/Doom Anomaly flamewars a few days ago.

Despite that we had one of the biggest and longest conflicts in the community, I never even played the thing. I was gonna download it one night but they had taken it down, presumably because it sucked.

I dunno, I never downloaded it.

The only place you could get it was from their website and that went down over a year ago, so email is the only way now.

Lüt said:

Haha, that reminds me, I just stumbled across the old Team Insanity/Doom Anomaly flamewars a few days ago.

Despite that we had one of the biggest and longest conflicts in the community, I never even played the thing. I was gonna download it one night but they had taken it down, presumably because it sucked.

Yeah, i remember that shit, i was working for anomaly doing levels and shit, but for some reason the guy thought he was hot shit or something and the ext thing you know, a flame war has erupted. Anomaly hit several bumps alopng the way, and died in the end.

Good riddence.
I have a beta floating around my defunked website.
I bebeave its www.geocities.com/skadoomer/anompvw.zip
I donno, its somewhere in there

/skadoomer passes out due to massive ahchahol consumption

Yeah, so you shoulda recognized my reply to you when you asked for level editing info a week or so ago; it was an old letter from those flamewars :)

I definately have the released resource .wad and the level .wad should be lying around my HD somewhere.

I can send it to you, but wait a few days until I get home and have access to cable instead of this crapy 56k modem :)

NiGHTMARE said:

I definately have the released resource .wad and the level .wad should be lying around my HD somewhere.

I can send it to you, but wait a few days until I get home and have access to cable instead of this crapy 56k modem :)

Hey, forward to me too would ya? thanks.

Guest Fanatic

I released the last souce files from Anomaly not too long ago, has stuff that wasn't in the test released from the Kliqten team (since I was developing a lot of the DDF weapon and sound stuff for them as a break from QDOOM).

http://www.3ddownloads.com/?file_id=136654

Guest Cacodemon Leade

Some of the sounds in Anomaly do come from HacX, but they are completely different as Fanatic told me already. As for the rest of the resources, they may come in handy for my MOD someday, when I really need it. Aw, why not?

/me downloads the DOOM Anomaly resource

Lüt said:

I dunno, I never downloaded it.

The only place you could get it was from their website and that went down over a year ago, so email is the only way now.

I have found this one:

"anomaly.zip", around 280kb

http://home.pacbell.net/jflynn/anomaly.zip

link works

But I am not sure if it is the requested one. It is made by Jim Flynn, known as the author of the editor "DETH".

Title : The Titan Anomaly

Fanatic said:

I released the last souce files from Anomaly not too long ago, has stuff that wasn't in the test released from the Kliqten team (since I was developing a lot of the DDF weapon and sound stuff for them as a break from QDOOM).

http://www.3ddownloads.com/?file_id=136654

I downloaded that a LONG time ago, like right when I came back online, but never played it, I just looked at the ddf files and wads in Wintex. I think I dl it again to try it out :)

Lüt said:

Yeah, so you shoulda recognized my reply to you when you asked for level editing info a week or so ago; it was an old letter from those flamewars :)

so that's what that shit was, it really made no sense at all and i was thinking you had lost your mind or something. Anomaly cauesed more peoblems in the doom community than any other mod i know of.

Well, I do lose my mind sometimes but that time I made it relevant. Instead of giving hard-ass replies, I tend to give unrelated rants like that, usually people get the point, and it's amusing to them at the same time.

Guest kristus

I was to looking around for that a month ago or so. Couldn't find it though. The levels was however pretty plain in most places. Although it had a few cool designs. But those were already flashed in the screenshots on the site. It was quite bugy though. You couldn't even go to the next level w/o it crashing. I even had to hack the DDF files a bit to get it working. All the DDF files was external also so it got really messy in the dir. No documentation or anything on how to run it. I had to mail KliQten and ask how I should do it.

/me goes to download Marcs latest album. :p