Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
DooMBoy

Oh, man....

...what a letdown. I've ALREADY beaten Turok 3 without cheats! Am I a Game God or what?
Of course there are only 5 Chapters(levels), and the weapons are quite powerful. But I've only beaten it ONCE, and that with Mitchell Fireseed. I suppose I'll go beat with T3 with Danielle.
/me switches on the N64 and starts to play T3 again...

Bad news, kiddo, it's easier with the chick... she has a minigun. Her explosive shotgun eases things up too. =)

Turok 3 was made intentionally easier than 2. Try beating 2 if you dare. I beat Turok 3 in almost a single day, it was linear and simple as hell.

I've owned Turok 2 for over a year, and I STILL haven't beaten the first level on that damn game. It's so non-linear that if you don't take notes you will get lost REAL EASY. The first damn level is WELL over a square mile big, and there's roughly 50 damn switches to hit to get to the end, let alone the kids you have to save and whatever the hell else you have to do.

It's like being dropped in the middle of Chicago with just a knife with about 200 dinosaurs and no people roaming around... and being expected to somehow walk around and hit every landmark without a map.

Damn game is TOO big.

Guest stphrz'

I've always been of the opinion that maps shouldn't be totally non-linear. Especially really big ones. I like maps that are essentially non linear but contain *some* linear elements to give structure to the gameplay. The example you gave was a good case in point.

There's only 5 levels in Turok 2 and each level probably has more groundspace than all of Doom 2. I'm not joking. Those levels are fucking HUMONGOUS and you're basically dropped in a corner... the first place you get to is the middle... and from there you need to explore every other corner and do every possible thing to advance.

It's one helluva game... but it takes some SERIOUS sit down time to get anywhere. =)

deadnail said:

Bad news, kiddo, it's easier with the chick... she has a minigun. Her explosive shotgun eases things up too. =)

Turok 3 was made intentionally easier than 2. Try beating 2 if you dare. I beat Turok 3 in almost a single day, it was linear and simple as hell.

I've owned Turok 2 for over a year, and I STILL haven't beaten the first level on that damn game. It's so non-linear that if you don't take notes you will get lost REAL EASY. The first damn level is WELL over a square mile big, and there's roughly 50 damn switches to hit to get to the end, let alone the kids you have to save and whatever the hell else you have to do.

It's like being dropped in the middle of Chicago with just a knife with about 200 dinosaurs and no people roaming around... and being expected to somehow walk around and hit every landmark without a map.

Damn game is TOO big.

Guest Stphrz'

SHUT UP Lüt!!!!!!111

Guest ACHOO!!1

...excuse me... my dick is so small

stphrz' said:

I've always been of the opinion that maps shouldn't be totally non-linear. Especially really big ones. I like maps that are essentially non linear but contain *some* linear elements to give structure to the gameplay. The example you gave was a good case in point.

Ya, half of the levels on Eternal Doom I just can't site through because they are a way to non-linear. I have to go all over the place hoping to find what that last switch did etc....

deadnail said:

Damn game is TOO big.

Actaully I DID beat Turok-but it wasn't without the help of a strategy guide. Friggin' game's HARD! I'm all for big levels to explore, but Turok 2's levels were TOO big, plus there weren't that many enemies to kill either. Just wander around, looking for keys, find something to shoot, maybe save some little kids. Well, the first level was like that, anyway.

Turok 2's maps were HUGE, but also very nice looking. But, da goddamn game itself is WAY too easy! The enemies only do 1 to 5 points of damage per hit (even on hard), and the strongest ones only do about 10 points of damage (except da last two bosses). On top of dat the ammo respawns, making it too simple to kill everything dat you run into! I liked da game, but it needed a little bit of work! And I hated, having to go back into a world dat I had already finished to look for stuff because da maps were so fucking huge! It could be a real pain in da ass!