Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
NiGHTMARE

A new competion... with prizes!

It's not official yet, but in the next few days I'll be uploading details of a new competion on my page (http://haunt.8m.com).

What you have to do is make a good MIDI file (minimum: 2 minutes) that would be suitable for Doom. Whether it's fast paced metal or industrial or instrumental spooky, that's up to you, although I'll put up several examples. Once you've done that, send your entry/entries to me (nick@frad.org).

The prizes will include a boxed copy of Final Doom (the budget version), Orb's Orblivion CD (if I can find it), and some other stuff that I want to get rid of :)

All the best MIDIs will be used in my upcoming multi-player project, Skull Surge.

I wish I could. I can come up with a lot of weird stuff on my keyboard, but I lack the software and hardware to create midis.

Can't you just plug your keyboard on the soundcard's port? Most of them already have support. As for the software, steal Cakewalk express from any friend with a Live!

Guest Fanatic

I sent mine in just now! I've forgotten how limiting GM sounds are. :)

MIDI?!?

MP3s, please??? How are we supposed to put creepy FX on MIDI tracks??

Fanatic said:

I sent mine in just now! I've forgotten how limiting GM sounds are. :)

Bah, your Gothic DM 2 MIDIs rocked.

Lüt said:

MIDI?!?

MP3s, please??? How are we supposed to put creepy FX on MIDI tracks??

<< How are we supposed to put creepy FX on MIDI tracks?? >>

See the Doom soundtrack :)

Heh! If I win you're gonna have to get your stamp licking tongue going 'cause I live in Denmark :)

NiGHTMARE said:

<< How are we supposed to put creepy FX on MIDI tracks?? >>

See the Doom soundtrack :)

There's no FX! I want my pixellators and stereo reverb/delay and waves compressor and parametric EQ and chorus and wah-wah and multi-tap delay and de-esser and doppler and engima!! And all the other plugins I have but never use! I paid for those dammit!

Guest Fanatic
Linguica said:

Bah, your Gothic DM 2 MIDIs rocked.

Thanks! :)

I meant limiting in a creative way. Like with the Limits MP3's I just released, I was able to do what I wanted with everything. Customize the reverb and chorus, do any special effects I wanted, use custom sound fonts, etc.

I wish I still had my AWE64 for this song I sent in, justto make it sound really good. Unfortunately it's over at my girlfriends house in her PC, and my PC doesn't have any ISA slots. I need to get that PC back from her. :)

ViperBoy said:

Heh! If I win you're gonna have to get your stamp licking tongue going 'cause I live in Denmark :)

he's a limey.

Lüt said:

There's no FX! I want my pixellators and stereo reverb/delay and waves compressor and parametric EQ and chorus and wah-wah and multi-tap delay and de-esser and doppler and engima!! And all the other plugins I have but never use! I paid for those dammit!

Shit I want those. You paid for plugins? Explain...

Alright, 90% of them came with the programs. BUT I did buy one package. You can't break their software. You have to register your actual hard drive in their online database. I tried an image to a different hard drive (total copy) and it didn't work because the serial numbers didn't match. That's only one part of it. There's nothing I can possibly do to beat it.

It wasn't really even the package I wanted though, the guy sold me the wrong one - I wanted the one that had the Ultramaximizer and of course this one only had the compressor. I'll probably ebay this shit, except I'll get ripped off.

I could just bomb this company. Registration and authorization has never been so ridiculous. Somebody's gotta have a way around it, I'm gonna find it or else...