Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
KING ELVIS

Are you a real community member ?

I'm just wondering how many really members the Doom community has at this time.

So I'm definitively NOT mean you, if you only visit this place once a week !

Well I dunno, somehow I've managed to get quite well-known quite fast on the Doom scene. Basically shows that if you post enough crap in forums, have a halfway decent homepage and show off your l33t q3radiant skills in a Quake mod, you can get relatively well known in a very short time.

Well, I come here off and on. But I consider myself a member for sure. I am a real bonafied member. Yes sir, a member indeed. I am.

I've been in the Doom scene since 96, although it was all localized until about a year ago when I stumbled into the still bustling net community.

I guess I'm an active member, I'm still making levels for it (or at least trying anyway).

Lord FlatHead said:

Well I dunno, somehow I've managed to get quite well-known quite fast on the Doom scene. Basically shows that if you post enough crap in forums, have a halfway decent homepage and show off your l33t q3radiant skills in a Quake mod, you can get relatively well known in a very short time.

Well, I don't have a fucking clue who you are.

=)

Lord FlatHead said:

Well I dunno, somehow I've managed to get quite well-known quite fast on the Doom scene. Basically shows that if you post enough crap in forums, have a halfway decent homepage and show off your l33t q

That's because you're so great at making an ass of yourself.

See pickle_hammer, esco, Cock-o-demon Bleeder...

@esco off

IMO you needn't post in these forums in order to be a community member ...

Hellbent said:

Well, I come here off and on. But I consider myself a member for sure. I am a real bonafied member. Yes sir, a member indeed. I am.

member (n.) 1) one who belongs to a group; 2) see PENIS

Guest mantraSaucy

what community?

AdamW said:

Well, I don't have a fucking clue who you are.

=)

I've been around Doom since before Doom 2. To Doomworld, I registered on this board Fri 2 Mar 2001 18:37.

TheProphet said:

I'm a daily visitor since 10/99 (I think that's when I first discovered the site).

Thu 22 Jun 2000 6:3 is the correct kept time.

I'm definitely a member. I'm here quite a bit. I check out the forum about 4 times a day. I would like to believe that I've contributed a lot to the community.

By the way, though I'm here a lot, I don't reply much lately. Nothing is that interesting around here lately. We need Esco!

I visit doomworld EVERY day. So I guess you could say I'm a real community member...

Guest Liam the Bard

I've been visiting here every day possible since last year but I don't post often. Usually I don't have anything to say that nobody else has already said.

Sorry was my fault:

I don't wanted it making depend on how often do you use these forums.

I just want to know how many really "active" members are out there.

I've been here since Dec 20, 2000 so I've been here awhile. (MOSTLY) everybody seems to like my writings I put up. I go here EVERY day after school, and sometimes AT school. So, yeah, you could say I'm a memeber of this community.

King Elvis said:

Are you a real community member ?

Is this a conclusion that some of us are fake?

Yeah, I'm fake. I'm a bot. Most of us here are bots, programmed by Linguica. You are the only real visitor of Doomworld. *g*

Well, I visit every day (when I can), so I guess I would consider myself a member. Of course, I don't post (very) often, so I don't really know. Membership is in the eye of the beholder, I guess.

Lord FlatHead said:

The feeling's entirely mutual.

If you don't know who AdamW is, you're not a true member of the community :)

Katgut said:

That's because you're so great at making an ass of yourself.

See pickle_hammer, esco, Cock-o-demon Bleeder...

@esco off

Look who's talkin' about fools; some little wanna be fag like you! Fuckin' moron.

Guest Adriannus

I've been playing Doom since it's been out. And I learned about the Doomworld website not too long since it was put up. So I guess in terms of time at Doomworld, I'm a real, live member. But Arioch's right. You don't have to post to be a member.

Guest kristus

I've been here for atleast 3.5 years. before that I didn't have internet-

I've been visiting this site for a long time. Why? I have no idea, I guess I was bored. Anyway, I kinda stopped visiting this place until DooM 3 was announced (I don't play DooM THAT often like you people).

I've been in the DooM 3 forums for a long time, but only started posting in August 2000. I never posted here because there's no real interest in talking about a simple old FPS. After finding there's a lot more flames and idiocy here (fun stuff), I started posting here too.

What I have done for the community? That article on tech, I guess. DooM's not the greatest modding base IMO...

NiGHTMARE said:

If you don't know who AdamW is, you're not a true member of the community :)

*ahem*