Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Sephiroth

doom32x

i have the 32x version of doom, got it long after i had doom om the pc. for me it is more of a novalty item because the 32x version is like raw shit it is almost as basic as it can get. however i think the 32x version will look and play far better than the GBA version but lets wait and see. anyway were i live there is a wallmart that still sells the 32x version along with 2 other 32x games. I got it long after the 32x's short live popularity died out and it was the only place i ever saw it for sale. the only version i do not have of doom are the playstation ones and n64, but i kinda of leav out doom64 because i dont think it was made by ID. TNT's versions are not made by ID but i think of them as main versions because they were done so well

Wow, you are cool! But, i bet you don't rip music from it do ya? What? No? Then shut the hell up.

/me grins an evil grin

Guest giltygear
sephiroth said:

the only version i do not have of doom are the playstation ones and n64

ok, so i take it that you have the Saturn version. anyway, the playstation (PSX) version is essentially the same thing except for the PSX's ability to produce colored lighting and faster animation. The level design, detail, music, and sounds are exactly the same for both versions. as for the N64 version, GT Interactive must have this set library of sounds for DooM versions because the sound are the same as the PSX and SS versions. You'd be better off getting the N64 version (which you can find at any Funcoland for about $10 American), but i dont guarantee that you'll have any fun playing it.

<< TNT's versions are not made by ID but i think of them as main versions because they were done so well >>

When compared with Doom 2's levels anyway

I have Doom64 (made by Midway by the way) and the PSX version of Final Doom. PSX Doom is cool because it contains levels from both Doom and Doom 2 plus a couple of levels not seen anywhere else like The Mansion, Threshold of Pain, Twilight Descends, a new Hell Keep, and so forth.

I had PSX Doom twice, but now I don't. The first one suddenly disappeared along with Need For Speed: High Stakes and I never saw them again. About a 1/2 year later we bought them both again, but just 2 months ago I found PSX Doom broken in pieces. I still have NFS and PSX Final Doom though.

32X Doom I liked for one thing: at least half the later levels were redone with Doom2 textures. Spawning Vats is barely recognizable.

I did a PC version of that map for Doom2, if anybody wants to see it I can mail it to them.

Guest Cacodemon Leade
Lüt said:

32X Doom I liked for one thing: at least half the later levels were redone with Doom2 textures. Spawning Vats is barely recognizable.

I did a PC version of that map for Doom2, if anybody wants to see it I can mail it to them.

I would like to see it Lut! Also Spawning Vats on 32X is the same one that is on PSX DOOM.

Lüt said:

Hey guess what??

I was thinking about sending it before I went to bed but decided I'd give everybody enough time to read this thread. So now @Home is down for it's monthly 3-week-off period (it doesn't stay on very much) and I can't exactly use email, so just go here to download it:

http://www.doomworld.com/insanity/sv-32x.wad

THIS REPLACES *MAP16* OF DOOM2!

There are maybe 5 discrepancies. First, I added a few Doom2 monsters. Then, an extra secret (press the inverted cross to lower the two indents in the wall next to it). Two Rock2 textures in the slime pit at the end (32X was all Rock1; I just liked the difference). Last, I didn't import the Episode2 sky. Everything else; any offsets and mis-offsets, no matter how odd or out of place, were all in the 32X version.

Enjoy.

NiGHTMARE said:

<< TNT's versions are not made by ID but i think of them as main versions because they were done so well >>

When compared with Doom 2's levels anyway

Right on.