Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Guest ralphis

32X doom music coming soon

Pretty soon, once Elbryan sees this and gets on AIM or emails me, i will be uploading the 32X doom music. I'm currently workin on them now. Unfortuanetly, the quality isn't as superb as i want it to be. Some of them sound like shit just from the transfer from 32X to my computer. But i guess it's better than nothing.

Elbryan, btw, Do you still have those cartoons I uploaded? I formatted and lost them all.

UPDATE!!: Unfortuanetly, i realized my mic was up really high and that was why i was getting really REALLY nasty noise in the background. So for now, MAKE SURE YOUR SOUND IS DOWN. Otherwise, your speakers will blow up.

Yup. I still have everything people have been sending me. Just let me know what you need. Also, I'll go on AIM tonite (I actually get the night off! YEAH!). Talk at you then. By the way, what is the 32X music like? Redone midi? Atmospheric?

By the way, how are you ripping it? Are you plugging the 32x right into the sound card? You'll get the best sound that way. If you go through the rf attatchment, you'll get major static.

All those cartoons i sent in, oh a month ago, can you smack em back into my folder? Thanks.

Actually, a few came out better than the ones i gave you. And i already said the quality sucks.

Guest Cacodemon Leade
elbryan42 said:

Yup. I still have everything people have been sending me. Just let me know what you need. Also, I'll go on AIM tonite (I actually get the night off! YEAH!). Talk at you then. By the way, what is the 32X music like? Redone midi? Atmospheric?

By the way, how are you ripping it? Are you plugging the 32x right into the sound card? You'll get the best sound that way. If you go through the rf attatchment, you'll get major static.

I really want those 32X music files! Elbryan42, Ralphis is still rude at me and trying to make sure that I don't get those music files at all!

Guest Cacodemon Leade

Decrease the Volume then. The lower the volume, the less static there will be, and oh, I recommend Goldwave for removing the static and annoying hums in the music files. Goldwave does support MP3 files!

Guest Adriannus

Heh...now all we need is SNES and Jaguar Doom music. :)

The SNES Doom music wouldn't be that bad if it weren't so off beat and if the sound channels weren't so easily wiped out.
You need to turn off the sound to hear the music at it's (heh) top quality.

Don't use a microphone! Get a mixing cable. It goes right from the 32X to the computer, direct sound transfer.

Besides, the 32X music is hardly different than the PC music, is it? I remember it being a little quieter and dead sounding.

Sir Fragsalot said:

Want me to upload GOOD mp3s of SNES Doom music?

YES!

I've never heard it.

In fact, I've never even seen Doom on the SNES. It's gotta be pathetic.

elbryan42 said:

From what I remember, the 32X music was creepier. The PC's was very enhanced and alive compared to the 32X, which was the same music but very different sound.

Geez, this has got me interested, maybe I'll actually fire up 32X Doom for the first time in about 5 years :)

Lüt said:

YES!

I've never heard it.

Well...

You know those pics of Doom on the GBA? Well, that's about the quality of SNES Doom. I happen to have the rom for it as well, and, although this may be untrue on a real SNES, it runs VERY SLOW.

The SNES Doom uses the same chip as StarFox to create it's 3D graphics. However, the SuperFX chip in the Doom cart can texture vertical surfaces, unlike the one in StarFox. The only problem with the SNES Doom, in terms of graphics, is that the screen size is smaller than any other SNES game.

Lüt said:

Don't use a microphone! Get a mixing cable. It goes right from the 32X to the computer, direct sound transfer.

Besides, the 32X music is hardly different than the PC music, is it? I remember it being a little quieter and dead sounding.

I have the rom of Doom for the 32X. I could either send it to Ralphis to use, or I could do a direct rip of the music myself. Any suggestions?

Lüt said:

YES!

I've never heard it.

You know those MP2s of the doom midis on this site and my ftp? They sound better than the snes music. Some instruments are missing in the snes tracks. I was gonna rip them, but:

a) with no passwords, i have to play thru the entire game (and if you've ever controlled snes doom, it sucks compared to just about everything else)

b) i noticed they sounded better than normal midi, but not as good as those mp2s done on a roland.

Sir Fragsalot said:

I have the rom of Doom for the 32X. I could either send it to Ralphis to use, or I could do a direct rip of the music myself. Any suggestions?

Question: I have the rom myself, but what emulators play it?

Sir Fragsalot said:

Well...

You know those pics of Doom on the GBA? Well, that's about the quality of SNES Doom. I happen to have the rom for it as well, and, although this may be untrue on a real SNES, it runs VERY SLOW.

The SNES Doom uses the same chip as StarFox to create it's 3D graphics. However, the SuperFX chip in the Doom cart can texture vertical surfaces, unlike the one in StarFox. The only problem with the SNES Doom, in terms of graphics, is that the screen size is smaller than any other SNES game.

remember, gba emulation is still in the early stages. everything is slow. well, maybe on that emulator you have to buy, it might work. never tried that one yet.

Guest Nuno Correia
elbryan42 said:

Question: I have the rom myself, but what emulators play it?

Ages does.

Guest Nuno Correia

Use an original Mega-Drive (i.e. Genesis 1 - yes, that ugly thang). It has a headphone jack with controllable volume.

Sir Fragsalot said:

Want me to upload GOOD mp3s of SNES Doom music?

do you have all of the music? what's the quality like? i can make you an account.

Zeratul 982 said:

The SNES Doom music wouldn't be that bad if it weren't so off beat and if the sound channels weren't so easily wiped out.
You need to turn off the sound to hear the music at it's (heh) top quality.

Umm.. I already have ripped all the SNES Doom music. Great quality too! No sound channels wiped out. The only problem is they are now all burned onto a CD, and I had to format my hard drive recently, and My CD drive doesn't wanna rip them back onto my PC from the CD I made.. But I got em!

Just go to mp3.com and get some different rippers. If all else fails, I can get them off the CD for you.