Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Xian

Should Id still give exclusives to Pcgamer?

Guest Xian

So far, Id has given all their exclusives to Pc gamer including Quake 1, 2, and 3 however:
This magazine has lost its integrity and honesty.
Think about their reviews of Hexen II, SiN, and many other places whare the reviewer OBVIOUSLY didnt give the game enough review time. In cases like SiN, they have DELIBERATELY avoided reporting bugs. Their writing has seemed to become more dumbed down over the years, perhaps to a less mature audience, or maybe because they have LOST ALL THE STAFF THEY HAVE HAD ITS INCEPTION.

No matter what, i think id should SERIOUSLY reconsider who they give info about doom3- or whatever- to, as they have much better choices.

What do you think?

There's several different PC Gamer's around the world, the two most notable being PC Gamer UK (the first and the best!) and PC Gamer US. Which one are you talking about?

I don't know why PC gaming magazines still exist. A daily dose of any gaming news site (Stomped, VE, Blues, Shack, etc) should keep you informed. Even more than reading those monthly releases...

Guest c-d-w
NiGHTMARE said:

There's several different PC Gamer's around the world, the two most notable being PC Gamer UK (the first and the best!) and PC Gamer US. Which one are you talking about?

The last PCGamer issue I got (US), I bought because it had They Hunger Trilogy on the CD. The magazine itself never shut up about Black & White, and the rest was nothing but ads.

At least PCXL was funny and had gratuitous T&A to go with the worthless content...

Zaldron said:

I don't know why PC gaming magazines still exist. A daily dose of any gaming news site (Stomped, VE, Blues, Shack, etc) should keep you informed. Even more than reading those monthly releases...

Isn't that true for magazines in general?

PC Gamer & EGM are the most boring and crappy gaming magazines out there. How can people read such dry articles? PCXL kicked PC Gamer's ass. Gamepro still is better than EGM.

You guys are really missing out by not having the UK mag PC Zone, it's absolutely hilarious :)

I guess you can visit their website, it's http://www.pczone.co.uk

The only good thing PC Gamer USA ever did was give the full version of X-Com UFO Defense free with one of their mags. In all other aspects, PC Gamer UK is superior.

I haven't bought PC Gamer since they put a virus in the UK edition, PC zone tends to be much more honest with its reviews.

Guest rieper

i don't pcgamer because each issue, regardless of it being uk or us, costs something like 15 bucks.

Guest Nuno Correia

Yes, that is crap. I think it's because of the tariffs, though.

Who thinks we should do Doomworld as a monthly magazine as well?

Subscriptions would be $24/year, $40/2 years, and single issues would be $4.95.

We could make Ling a lot of money here. :->

Guest Xian
c-d-w said:

The last PCGamer issue I got (US), I bought because it had They Hunger Trilogy on the CD. The magazine itself never shut up about Black & White, and the rest was nothing but ads.

At least PCXL was funny and had gratuitous T&A to go with the worthless content...

US

Guest Xian
Zaldron said:

Well, some of them are so good that its worth it, cumputergamesplus and pczone, maximum PC
but yeah, with www.bluesnews.com and the others, I think id shouldnt give exclusives AT ALL

rieper said:

i don't pcgamer because each issue, regardless of it being uk or us, costs something like 15 bucks.

PC Gamer UK costs £4.99, which is just under eight dollars. Where does the extra seven come in?

If it's because you don't live in the UK, then its hardly their fault, and besides, surely the same is true with any UK magazine?