Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Guest bigbadgangsta

Why DOOM is better than Duke Nukem 3D

DOOM is better than Duke Nukem 3D because the enemies are cooler,the guns are cooler,the levels are cooler,the story is cooler,the title is cooler and DOOM is just cool.Why is DOOM so cool.Because its not hot...it cool so cool off and drink a cool soda like JOLT and go somewhere cool and be cool above all and if your pissed off keep a cool head and kiss my cool ass...

TIMES COOL/COOLER WAS SAID:13 TIMES
TIMES IVE PLAYED DUKE NUKEM 3D:-130485893958 TIMES

"DOOM is better than Duke Nukem 3D because the enemies are cooler"

An opinion, I'll agree.

"the guns are cooler"

Another opinion, I disagree. Doom only had 2 futuristic weapons, half of Duke's arsenal was alien.

"the levels are cooler"

Against Doom episode 1? I agree. Against episodes 2 through 4 and Doom 2? I strongly disagree.

"the story is cooler"

Doom = Hell is invading through teleporters. Kill them all.
Duke = Aliens are stealing our chicks for breeding weapons. Kill them all.

NEITHER game has a story to speak of but Doom definitely has a more defined atmosphere.

"the title is cooler"

Doom = A marine climbing from hell blasting demons in the face.
Duke = The man triumphant over a stack of dead aliens.

I would say they're about the same, but the award would go to Doom for having it first.

"TIMES IVE PLAYED DUKE NUKEM 3D:-130485893958 TIMES"

Congratulations, you've deprived yourself an amazing gaming experience.

You don't have to insult another game to make Doom sound better, that's just childish. If you don't like it then fine, don't bring it up. This is the Doomworld forums... this isn't the place to talk about Duke Nukem 3D.

I repeat, every day someone goes mad and post a zealotesque "DooM RULES!!!11" topic here. Dunno why, I tought the mere presence of you here for more than 2 days was enough to convince people you like DooM in some way...

Guest Gruson

I will not even go to all the differences but my main one is:

The charaters in Duke and other FPS games just look flat. Id has been the only company to make any engine where they look 3D.

What's up I've been getting this "Snow-white and the seven dwarves" email all the time, with an attached joke.exe? I don't dare to execute it since I have no idea where the email came from.

It's some damn virus. I get it all the freaking time. There's not much that you can do about it, other than filter it out.

Guest rieper

because britney spears is better than christina aguilera

Zaldron said:

I repeat, every day someone goes mad and post a zealotesque "DooM RULES!!!11" topic here. Dunno why, I tought the mere presence of you here for more than 2 days was enough to convince people you like DooM in some way...

Apparently not. Apparently he must rub it in our faces every day.

Guest ZarcyB

Duke is actually a pretty cool game. It has realistic levels and stuff. In fact, I might go play it now.

One word: balance. Doom is perfectly balanced. Although Duke & Shadow Warrior are great, they don't have balance. Being on level 2 of SW and getting killed in 2 seconds by an invisible ninja with a rocket launcher, that's NOT balance. The only other FPS games other than Doom with awesome balance are Quake 2, Blood 1, and Serious Sam.

Guest kristus
ZarcyB said:

Duke is actually a pretty cool game. It has realistic levels and stuff. In fact, I might go play it now.

Realistic levels are crap in my pants.

Espi said:

What's up I've been getting this "Snow-white and the seven dwarves" email all the time, with an attached joke.exe? I don't dare to execute it since I have no idea where the email came from.

Hybris.

visit this page for more info (relax, you won't catch the virus there)

http://www.sexyfun.net

elbryan42 said:

One word: balance. Doom is perfectly balanced. Although Duke & Shadow Warrior are great, they don't have balance. Being on level 2 of SW and getting killed in 2 seconds by an invisible ninja with a rocket launcher, that's NOT balance. The only other FPS games other than Doom with awesome balance are Quake 2, Blood 1, and Serious Sam.

no one likes games the way i do...
duke 3d, it's fun to hide in SO MANY PLACES.
doom, WOW at the atmosphere. i played it on PC for like 10 minutes with no sound/music, but then on snes, i played it all
the time, i loved it's music and level design textures. those are the reasons doom kicks so much ass. the monsters look cool too.

Ive played Duke a helluva lot more than that lol, hell, im still making tc's fer it ! I make tc's fer almost everygame i play, public or not. Im making a Half Doomed tc, making half life into Doom, heh, but in my oppinnion, Doom will always be better than Duke 3d, Doom 3 will be better than Duke Forever, but I will buy both games any ways. I play ALOT of games. Ok im leaving now.... *walks through door*