Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Hellbent

Doomworld Story Time

Ah, yes. DOOM story time. Here's how it works: Someone starts the story, and people reply with additions to the story. I'll start the story.

The sun burned hot on the arid moonbase walls. Rotting corpes supperated under the intense summer heat. Inside the base, lurid moans eminated from former human seargents: fellow comrades who had been transfigured by the hellspawn unleashed on Mars' most prominent moon, Phobos; friends that had been wasted during the long battles for liberation from the hellspawn invasion launched seven and a half years ago.

Meanwhile, Bill Gates worked feverishly away in his secret bunker...

I would play along, but I lack the minimal English skills for something like this. Would it bother you if I do it on spanish? :)

The creatured that lurked within knew nothing of mercy.They slaughtered without remorse.They knew nothing of fear.They mindlessly plunged into battle.They were the perfect killing machines...they were hellspawn...

Zaldron said:

I would play along, but I lack the minimal English skills for something like this. Would it bother you if I do it on spanish? :)

This is interesting. If people ACTUALLY start replying here, thanks to the hierarchical arrangement of the posts we could see a couple of ramifications.

Zaldron said:

Nah... let 'er rip en EspaƱol :-)

Zaldron said:

Yes. Do it in French.

Katgut said:

Meanwhile, Bill Gates worked feverishly away in his secret bunker...

Phobos blew up.......The End

Guest nrkn
fodders said:

Phobos blew up.......The End

And then phobos blew up??? That's almost as clever as "and then I woke up"... let's try again, from the top:

>The sun burned hot on the arid moonbase walls. Rotting corpes
>supperated under the intense summer heat. Inside the base, lurid
>moans eminated from former human seargents: fellow comrades who
>had been transfigured by the hellspawn unleashed on Mars' most
>prominent moon, Phobos; friends that had been wasted during the
>long battles for liberation from the hellspawn invasion launched
>seven and a half years ago.
>
>The creatured that lurked within knew nothing of mercy.They
>slaughtered without remorse.They knew nothing of fear.They
>mindlessly plunged into battle.They were the perfect killing
>machines...they were hellspawn...

Usually little more than shambling mounds of decay, something had once more given the hellspawn reason to awaken. Corpses previously laid to rest by a solid burst of plasma or a handful of shotgun pellets once more haunted the moon base ruins. Their usual senseless wandering had ceased; now they were filled with purpose, a new sense of direction. The hellspawn were congregating slowly, heading to one specific site on the moon, a research lab abandoned long before the gate incident...

>

Usually little more than shambling mounds of decay, something had once more given the hellspawn reason to awaken. Corpses previously laid to rest by a solid burst of plasma or a handful of shotgun pellets once more haunted the moon base ruins. Their usual senseless wandering had ceased; now they were filled with purpose, a new sense of direction. The hellspawn were congregating slowly, heading to one specific site on the moon, a research lab abandoned long before the gate incident...

Flynn Taggart stepped out of hiding from the shadows. Hardened
like no man before him, and knowing more about evil than most men, he was the best man to defeat the demons. Flynn though, maybe this isn't reality, but hell, my hell is to eternally fight demons..Wondering through familiarly soulless corridors, he gathered evil artifacts to gain power. He saw a figure in green armor 40 feet ahead. "Who is that?!", he shouted. "It's me, your brother", replied the unknown entity...
Flynn: Impossible, how the hell could you have gotten here?!
Entity: God sent me here.
Flynn: WTF...Jesus Christ? Bullshit.
Entity: He's not God.
Flynn: Maybe not around here..Here, I am god. I'm going to wipe out all of you shitheads.
Entity: You don't seem to believe I'm your brother...
Flynn: Maybe I do. Consider this payback for that time you gnarced on me scratching the teacher's car...
Entity: What?! What are you doing? You are going to kill your own brother? You are more evil than these demons...
Flynn: Only more dangerous, worthless motherfuckers. *BOOM*
Entity: Ung...
Flynn: These monsters are up to something bigger than ever...There a lot smarter now...There on the virge of something big..

Flynn took the red key from his slain brother (?) and opened the door, entering a corridor on the path to the the research station the demons are congregating at...

Guest Liam the Bard

Heh. I like this kinda thing, i really do, but, because of the way posts are displayed here, (and the fact that 90% of people will not have a serious reply) I think I'll keep my story ideas to myself right now.

Disorder said:

heh. One Quattro Staggioni coming up.

Make sure it doesn't have any Cajun Peppers or Chili Peppers, because they will burn my mouth like a furnace in a boiler room. I think I see the pizza guy at the door right now.

/me receives pizza from pizza guy and places onto the table where Disorder is sitting at

Guest Adriannus

Hellbent, let me add on to the story here...but where exactly does it lead off?

Guest Adriannus

Here goes my part to add on...

>

>Usually little more than shambling mounds of decay, something had once more given the hellspawn reason to awaken. Corpses previously laid to rest by a solid burst of plasma or a handful of shotgun pellets once more haunted the moon base ruins. Their usual senseless wandering had ceased; now they were filled with purpose, a new sense of direction. The hellspawn were congregating slowly, heading to one specific site on the moon, a research lab abandoned long before the gate incident...

>Flynn Taggart stepped out of hiding from the shadows. Hardened
like no man before him, and knowing more about evil than most men, he was the best man to defeat the demons. Flynn though, maybe this isn't reality, but hell, my hell is to eternally fight demons..Wondering through familiarly soulless corridors, he gathered evil artifacts to gain power. He saw a figure in green armor 40 feet ahead. "Who is that?!", he shouted. "It's me, your brother", replied the unknown entity...
>Flynn: Impossible, how the hell could you have gotten here?!
>Entity: God sent me here.
>Flynn: WTF...Jesus Christ? Bullshit.
>Entity: He's not God.
>Flynn: Maybe not around here..Here, I am god. I'm going to wipe out all of you shitheads.
>Entity: You don't seem to believe I'm your brother...
>Flynn: Maybe I do. Consider this payback for that time you gnarced on me scratching the teacher's car...
>Entity: What?! What are you doing? You are going to kill your own brother? You are more evil than these demons...
>Flynn: Only more dangerous, worthless motherfuckers. *BOOM*
Entity: Ung...
>Flynn: These monsters are up to something bigger than ever...There a lot smarter now...There on the virge of something big..

>Flynn took the red key from his slain brother (?) and opened the door, entering a corridor on the path to the the research station the demons are congregating at...

Thoughts of what happened, what he did, everything danced mockingly in his brain and all spelled out to him one thing..."Murderer". He knew, though, that's all they wanted him to think. 'They' being the damned that filled the base with everything that belonged in the fiery depths of Hell. It was an illusion really, he knew it the whole time...but what could be wrong with leading on those demons? He pondered further and recalled how much he loved his brother; all the times that they stuck up for each other at the first training academy, how they talked about girls for hours on end, how they were so excited when they were sent to their first assignment together.

"Heh...I remember..." he said with a smirk and a small laugh.

Ingarith uprising on the de-militarized territory of Louthev -- he recalled his brother finally suited up in the riot gear, but had forgotten his jockstrap. The metal plating on the bottom of the armor was beginning to chafe when he broke down and had to admit it to Flynn.

"What're you gonna do when I'm not around, little brother?" Flynn said with a feigned sneer.

An embarrassed smile was all that he got back from his brother.

"Hey, turn around, will you? You know how the military is about gays..." his brother retorted.

"Don't ask, don't tell..right?" Flynn said with a toothy grin.

Yes, he remembered it all. He remembered when his brother...his name was Matt, was struck by a sniper's bullet in the leg and he was trampled by the crazed, frenzied crowd of Ingarithinians and was crushed to death under their feet.

"How dare those bastard demons use my brother like that..." he thought. "They're going to pay extra for reminding me of that and for trying to make him look bad."

It seems maybe Matt was an all right kid after all, he mused. After all, they wouldn't know he's dead if he's upstairs, right?

He marched on and murmured quietly to himself, "Seems I have a date with some mother fuckers..."

Corpses can't suppurate. Moans "emanate", if you really want to be a pretentious tit. "Sargeants" are spelt thus. Fellow comrades is an oxymoron. Other than that, not bad, apart of course from being bad.

CacodemonLeader said:

Make sure it doesn't have any Cajun Peppers or Chili Peppers, because they will burn my mouth like a furnace in a boiler room. I think I see the pizza guy at the door right now.

/me receives pizza from pizza guy and places onto the table where Disorder is sitting at

Thanks man!
/me enjoys delicious pizza

AdamW said:

Corpses can't suppurate. Moans "emanate", if you really want to be a pretentious tit. "Sargeants" are spelt thus. Fellow comrades is an oxymoron. Other than that, not bad, apart of course from being bad.

Why can't corpses suppurate? Who is being the pretentious tit? Why is fellow comrades an oxymoron?

AdamW said:

rot in hell?

CacodemonLeader said:

I didn't say you could have any faggots.

AdamW said:

Doh. Wrong key. Sergeant, not sargeant.

Damn! Now I have to delete my correction of you're earlier post! :)

Hellbent said:

Why can't corpses suppurate? Who is being the pretentious tit? Why is fellow comrades an oxymoron?

Wounds suppurate. It's not a term that really applies to anything else sensibly. Fellow comrades is an oxymoron because there an't possibly be any other type of comrade, can there? Your comrade *is* your fellow, by definition, so there's no need to write it. You're the one being pretentious, cos you're obviously using a load of long words that you don't really need to in the mistaken belief that it makes a story read better...

"fellow comrades" is not oxymoronical it's redundant... big whoop. I still don't see how rotting corpses might not suppurate. Why are you getting so technical with the words? I didn't want to use rotting again so I used suppurate... and it sounds good, so I wasn't being pretentious, I was using words I thought would make it read best.... just lay off, your high and mighty attempt to make me look like a pretentious gobutit has ended up making you look like a jerk.