Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Guest doom-movie

DOOM MOVIE

Guest doom-movie

As you DOOM freaks have probably heard, in the past serveral years Hollywood movie companies have attempted to get a script based on DOOM accepted by id Software. All attempts have failed, due to poorly written scripts with awful plots and characters.

Well, I am attempting what seems to have been the impossible. I'm an oldschool DOOM freak who was always interested in the small story id put in DOOM. I always wanted more of a plot, more characters, and an expansion on the whole concept.

I'm writing a screenplay based on DOOM. As of this writing it is about one third done, with good characters and an introduction to a plot that would be of film quality. What I need from the community is ideas, concepts, and your thoughts on what you'd like to see written into the script. Therefore, email me at doom_movie@yahoo.com and tell me what you want. People who submit ideas get to read the script once its done.

I'm assuming the rough draft for the script will be done by the end of this month, and I'll have it submitted to a literary agent by mid-July. So, email what you want in it, and remember, those who give out ideas get a part in making what is hoped to be the best movie based on a video game of all time!

Good luck!
To be honest I don't think you stand a fair chance against mighty, mighty Hollywood, but give it a chance. At least you'll give us something to read again =)

I'll fantasy about a doom movie for a while and if any good ideas come out, I'll mail 'em to you.. Have fun writing.

Here's my advice : Don't go for an action film. Aim to "survival horror meets sci-fi and occultism". Sorta like mixing Alien and Event Horizon...

Exactly.
Suspense is the keyword IMO. Although a couple of major-battlefield-scenes (Saving Ryan's Privates with Imps, Demons, Hellknights and Cyberdemons) would rule.
Hollywood has seen way too many action-flops...

that is a good thought...my idea is dont fuck it all up with a really shitty lovers sub-plot, or not too crappy of an ending, try to leave the ending open for a sequel....

Zaldron said:

Here's my advice : Don't go for an action film. Aim to "survival horror meets sci-fi and occultism". Sorta like mixing Alien and Event Horizon...

Yeah, but you gotta mix action into it.......SCWARTZENEGGER! ;)

Guest doom-movie

The screenplay is specifically written with all the DOOM elements I can think of, plus some technology upgrades for the marines on Mars.

And yes, this IS going to be horror/sci-fi. Event Horizon, Aliens, and StarShip Troopers have all been considered into it. The plan is to make this as bloddy and violent as possible, while still maintaining what I think do be an extreme R rating. I'd hate for this to become NC-17, provided its liked by Hollywood.

Just a little more info for you guys:

The hero, who I have named 'Smith' for the time being, has been transferred to Mars after killing a captain who ordered him to fire upon unarmed civilians on the West Coast of America. After a four month sentence on Earth he has been moved to Mars by the Earth military force. The story basically starts with him on the transport ship landing on Mars. From there, he meets up with his squad of marines, gets assigned some weapons, and is briefed on the UAC/military facilities on Phobos and Deimos.

I'm at the point where 'shit hits the fan', so to speak. I'm changing how all the marines on Mars are attacked, and describing in fairly good detail about what exactly has transpired on Phobos.

The middle part of the film is going to be extremely tense and fairly bloody, and towards the end of the film a CyberDemon _will_ make an appearance.

Hi.

You wanna make a good Doom movie? Study "The Shining". Apply it to the Doom story. Those long and continuous camera shots, the absolutely minimal dialogue, the total environment; that's how to do a Doom movie. Please oh please do not make it just another Aliens film. Dark, brooding terror; not cheesy monster-jumps-out-of-nowhere scares.

And for God's sake, get some nameless guy from flex to play the part - no big Hollywood stars.

Guest Adriannus

Yeah, good luck. It takes a lot for those bigshots to see small guys like us. :)

My one piece of advice: If you've never read the Doom novels, and you're thinking of reading them for inspiration, DON'T.

Other than that, good luck! :)

Guest Adriannus
NiGHTMARE said:

My one piece of advice: If you've never read the Doom novels, and you're thinking of reading them for inspiration, DON'T.Other than that, good luck! :)

Hey, my Doom "novelette" isn't half bad! :) Or so I'm told...

Guest PFCRon
NiGHTMARE said:

My one piece of advice: If you've never read the Doom novels, and you're thinking of reading them for inspiration, DON'T.

Fuck you.

Guest PFCRon
Lüt said:

Hi.

You wanna make a good Doom movie? Study "The Shining". Apply it to the Doom story. Those long and continuous camera shots, the absolutely minimal dialogue, the total environment; that's how to do a Doom movie. Please oh please do not make it just another Aliens film. Dark, brooding terror; not cheesy monster-jumps-out-of-nowhere scares.

And for God's sake, get some nameless guy from flex to play the part - no big Hollywood stars.

One word for you in response to your whole post.................................................................................................................................................................................................................NO!!!!!!!!!

Guest PFCRon
infrared said:

that is a good thought...my idea is dont fuck it all up with a really shitty lovers sub-plot, or not too crappy of an ending, try to leave the ending open for a sequel....

I find that contradictory; you say you don't want any love scenes in this movie, but yet your sig is a quote from Arlene in the second book!!!! Yes, I know it's not talking about love, but hey, EVERY story has got to have love somewhere! Just look at Star Wars; episode 2 is almost gonna be ALL a love story. I see your point though, as to not OVER-do it.

Guest PFCRon

No comment on this whole movie bid. I think a vast majority of you already know my opinion on this.

Guest Adriannus
PFCRon said:

Fuck you.

Fuck who?

Shaviro said:

Yeah, but you gotta mix action into it.......SCWARTZENEGGER! ;)

SCHWARZENEGER!?!? NO!!!! He;d ruin it!! Bruce willis all the way!

Lost Soul said:

SCHWARZENEGER!?!? NO!!!! He;d ruin it!! Bruce willis all the way!

I was thinking more of that guy from the Lethal Weapon movies... uh, yeah, what's his name again? NO, NOT JOE PESCI OR THE BLACK GUY WHOSE NAME I CAN'T REMEMBER.

Sounds like you got the whole thing planned out nicely basted on what i have read. If your going for something scarey though, the less you show, the scarier it is. Case in point; peoples imagionations will fill in whatever isn't told to them. Yeah a bloody shooting battle would be nice, but it would be spookier to see a field of dead bodies. Just keep some things a mystery, like the names of the demons. Hell, maybe add a few new ones in!

Lüt said:

Hi.

Bruce Willis.

Katgut said:

I was thinking more of that guy from the Lethal Weapon movies... uh, yeah, what's his name again? NO, NOT JOE PESCI OR THE BLACK GUY WHOSE NAME I CAN'T REMEMBER.

Yeah, I was thinking either Bruce Willis or Mel Gibson. Tough, tough call.