Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Hellbent

Thank you!

Thanks to everyone who helped me write my paper! You all gave good, intellegint, well thought out opinions, and all seemed to come to the same conclusion: poor parenting, which was useful in writing my paper.

Now I have another paper I need help with. It's called a concession paper. What it requires of me is that I argue one side of an issue while acknowledging that the other side has a point. Possible subjects which would be good: We should stay away from nuclear power -- Building a stockpile of nuclear arms will start another arms race -- and... my favorite one... DOOM is better than QUAKE. First off, will a college professor automatically give me an F for the subject? Second... if you all could provide examples and thoughts on why DOOM is better than quake (specifics would be good) I would appreciate it mucho, mucho. And thanks again for helping me with my other paper. With the help of DOOMWORLD, I *will* pass English 102!

Guest Nuno Correia

Quake isn't better than Doom, neither is Doom better than Quake.

They're different from each other, in what regards gameplay and technology. Thus, there are no real terms of comparison between the two games.

Guest Nuno Correia

In other words, don't make me choose - I can't :) However, technically Quake is the better one.

Hellbent said:

Second... if you all could provide examples and thoughts on why DOOM is better than quake (specifics would be good)

Doom has a higher funfactor to it. More levels.. a more plausible story.. the monsters are much more menacing in Doom.
Doom hooked more people. Without Doom there would be no Quake... but then we MUST acknowledge Wolf3d for being the start of it all. More and more companies tried to release be like Doom than they tried to be like Quake. Quake 1 is basically Doom in a bland brown 3d environment, with 3d enemies and more episodes, and no story at all. When a new FPS comes out, Doom is typically mentioned. Example: When Goldeneye was released, Quake was not mentioned in comparison. " This game furtheres the Doom genre.."
Doom is great fun for all and will work on damn near anything. I mean, it's even on the Super NES. Quake needs a little more... and gives much less in the fun department. Doom pioneered.. practically, if not totally inveneted the Deathmatch. Doom can be a lot more spooky than Quake could ever hope to be. For those who crave oh so much carnage.. Doom delivers more than quake. The most critters I have seen in a Quake level has been like 63..maybe less. Level 9 of Doom 2 has more than 200!! maybe 300.. I'll have to boot up ZDoom again to make sure.
I'd say more... but for now, I'm out of reasons...

Nuno Correia said:

In other words, don't make me choose - I can't :) However, technically Quake is the better one.

"I kick arse for the lord" ?? Nice sig. It's suppsed to be 'ass' however. Kudos to the cheesiest, quite possibly dumbest zombie movie of all time. No it is the dumbest.
'Dead Alive!' for all who haven't seen it.

Guest Nuno Correia
Lost Soul said:

the monsters are much more menacing in Doom.

3 Shamblers + 10 Fiends + Axe + you = x <=> you = fucked

As you can see, Doom's menace doesn't even come close :)

Guest Nuno Correia
Lost Soul said:

"I kick arse for the lord" ?? Nice sig. It's suppsed to be 'ass' however. Kudos to the cheesiest, quite possibly dumbest zombie movie of all time. No it is the dumbest.

heh :)

Lost Soul said:

Heh, I've got that entire soundclip in the intro to a song.