Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Sephiroth

doom32x

u can get to the secret level in the 32x version of doom if u play it all the way threw. now for the question i want to see a list of bugs that are in the 32x version or any other console version of the game. bugs i have seen in the 32x version are, game will freeze, at the end game credits when they finish u get this at the bottom of the screen "c:\doom" i have also noticed many level and texture bugs. The only way to get the BFG is to use cheat codes. the cheat codes give u mega amounts of ammo like 500 for both shells and bullets and i think rockets. those are ones that i have found please tell me others

doom64:

-there's a music track (i think it's level 14) that cuts out abruptly after about 6 minutes. the track does not repeat either.

-also, on a piece of paper that comes in the game box it says "avoid changing the brightness between quitting the game and starting a new game (or running a demo). this may cause the screen to go black." lame way how to "fix" a bug.

psx doom:

-some items cannot be picked up unless all surrounding items are picked up. examples of this are: on the level 44 suburbs. the blue key on the island in the toxic lake can't be picked up unless you pick up the boxes of rockets. as well, on level 32 underhalls, you can't pick up the armor bonuses in the alcove with a medikit and a shotgun guy unless you pick up the medikit first.

-some items near walls cannot be picked up unless you push up against the wall, and you will "sink into the wall", picking up the item. examples are both on level 19 house of pain: in the room right beside the room with the cacodemon and the box of ammo is a room with some armor bonuses along the back wall unless you push into the wall. as well, near the beginning of the level in the secret room to the right behind the demons, you can't pick up the shotgun shells unless you sink into the wall.

-some doors can't be opened up, particularly, the secret in the courtyard of level 20 unholy cathedral with the soul sphere and the chainsaw. another likely door that doesn't work is in the secret level the marshes. in the crusher, if you look at the automap, one of the walls is yellow (meaning a door or a switch) pressing use does nothing on the wall though (inside or outside the structure).

-secret level fortress of mystery (and i think level 08 phobos anomaly) have 2 computer maps in them. you can only pick up one! so, 100% items is impossible.

-sometimes the sound effects stop working during loud music tracks, and you must pause and unpause to get them to work again. this has happened to me on level 07 computer station many times.

snes doom:

-if you run out of ammo of a weapon, it might change to a weapon that you don't have yet. it doesn't save the weapon when you change weapons though.

that's all i can think of right now.

sephiroth said:

at the end game credits when they finish u get this at the bottom of the screen "c:\doom"

That's not a bug, it's a "funny".

elbryan42 said:

Good job :)
Here are a few more flaws. In most of the console Dooms, the monsters ONLY face forward, and on the SNEW, the cyberdemon shoots rockets as fast as a fuckin chaingunguy shoots bullets, not to mention you can sneak up on it becuase its always facing you, and it runs as fast as you holding shift.
Another flaw is the Cacodemon and the Lostsoul tend to make the wrong noises, and most of the pick up items have the wrong noises too.
I also think the Doom marine has a VERY bad cramp in his neck and knees, LOL, jk.

hmm.... good point. not really a glitch. just lazy programming, or the system not being able to handle it.

elbryan42 said:

-there's a music track (i think it's level 14) that cuts out abruptly after about 6 minutes. the track does not repeat either.

On level 7(Research Lab) and 22 or 23 (Unholy Cathedral) too.

sephiroth said:

u can get to the secret level in the 32x version of doom if u play it all the way threw.

It's called map16. Otherwise known as e2m9 on the PC version.