Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
DooMBoy

DooMBoy

Oddly enough, as of this writing, nobody's responded to my other post down below, entitled "Heh".

Anyway, I also got Final Doom back again, after promising my cousin I'd let him borrow it again after 3 months.
Now, I've got a question:
Which is better: Plutonia.WAD or Evilution.WAD?

evilution. great levels, gets gradually difficult.

plutonia. mostly terrible levels. few good ones. very difficult.

for fun, evilution. for challenge, plutonia.

That's exactly the way I feel about them both, respectively.
Plutonia just flat out sucks 98% of the time. Very few good level at all. I hate the difficulty. You know it's a bad sign when in the first level, Congo, you find an Archvile waiting for you on HMP. UV is nearly impossible.
Evilution, on the other hand, is a quite good example of a Doom2 megawad should look and feel like. The difficulty ramps up gradually, instead of throwing Revenant after Revenant, Chaingunner after Chaingunner, and Archvile after Archvile at you, like Plutonia.
So, Plutonia=sucky:-( Evilution=good:-)

elbryan42 said:

evilution. great levels, gets gradually difficult.

plutonia. mostly terrible levels. few good ones. very difficult.

for fun, evilution. for challenge, plutonia.

Well I liked Plutonia more... the TNT levels were too colorful and amateurish (or however that is spelled).

DooMBoy said:

Plutonia just flat out sucks 98% of the time. Very few good level at all. I hate the difficulty. You know it's a bad sign when in the first level, Congo, you find an Archvile waiting for you on HMP. UV is nearly impossible.
Evilution, on the other hand, is a quite good example of a Doom2 megawad should look and feel like. The difficulty ramps up gradually, instead of throwing Revenant after Revenant, Chaingunner after Chaingunner, and Archvile after Archvile at you, like Plutonia.

The difficulty in plutonia is just fine with me. The maze with the arch-viles, I think it's level 11, is one of the freakiest levels I've played (in a positive way).

Neither of them are that good, but if you want everything on a 64x64 grid, you'll want Plutonia. If you want the good stuff, it's in Evilution, although that has it's weak levels also. Plutonia has a more "complete" look to it, but only because there's hardly anything to it's maps.

Davidoom said:

Kewl....so is your cousin a big fan too?

This cousin of mine is a bigger Doom fanatic than I am, I believe. He couldn't sponge any money off his mom to buy Final Doom, so he borrowed it off me.

DooMBoy said:

i have found the best way to play plutonia (without playing it at all) is to play it with nothing but god mode on (its wussy-ish, i know/agree...but i dont give a crap) besides it still presents the running out of ammo problem and the how to get the keys problem without letting yourself get blown to bits by an arch-vile at every turn...