Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Linguica

Welcome

Welcome to the Doomworld forums blah blah blah. I'm still working out the kinks but hopefully everything should hold together and not blow up in your face. Try not to start posting flames for at least a few days :P

Linguica said:

Actually I stole from Funkymonk but who's counting.

<cough>RIPOFF!<cough>

Linguica said:

Testing to see if I get an email reply to this...

You would...

Guest cocoon
Linguica said:

Actually I stole from Funkymonk but who's counting.

Yeah, well... It feels a bit awkward to have Funkymonk release his forums and then you guys use your "monopoly", as the biggest doomsite around, and get your all new forums up.
Kinda hard to compete with something as popular as this. It feels like stealing to me and I would have kept going to funky's place and I think a lot of others would have too, but I doubt his site will be visited as frequently now as it would have been if he was alone with these forums. Sure, everyone is free to choose but it looks real weird when you have a release of the great forum at funky's and the days right after, it appears here.

Now, lets see which forum/board that will become the flaming one.

Yeah, well... actually I have been trying to figure out how to do forums for a while now, on my computer there's actually a c:\dworld\forum\ where I had kicked around different ways to go about doing it without paying. When I saw funkymonk's forum it just gave me some code I could actually use (I had actually debating registering the Ultimate BBS but figured it wasn't worth it).

This is really bugging me. Exactly *one* day after FunkyMonk's forum, you pull this. And everyone's congratulating you for it!

Hyena said:

This is really bugging me. Exactly *one* day after FunkyMonk's forum, you pull this. And everyone's congratulating you for it!

dude noone gives a shit, at least noone importatnt. Everyone steals everythiing from everyone, and everyone....wait no noone cares....cept the ppl that opinions don't count.

cocoon said:

but it looks real weird when you have a release of the great forum at funky's and the days right after, it appears here.

It isn't weird, it's life, the best sites have to have the best shit, or in this case forums.

GavinJCD said:

dude noone gives a shit, at least noone importatnt. Everyone steals everythiing from everyone, and everyone....wait no noone cares....cept the ppl that opinions don't count.

A lot of people cared when Ola's textures were stolen. I guess none of their opinions matter, right?

Try to come up with a convincing argument next time.

I "stole" this forum from funkymonk just as much as he "stole" it from the webpage offering it as a freeware download.

Hyena said:

A lot of people cared when Ola's textures were stolen. I guess none of their opinions matter, right?

Try to come up with a convincing argument next time.

yes but this wasn't stolen, it's free for use everywhere, and Funkymonk has no bloody right to calim it as his own, and I doubt he has. Give it a rest.

Obsidian said:

It's not necrobumping if the corpse has completely decayed and re-integrated with the earth.

No but it isn't an excuse to go around digging large chunks of soil out of the ground for no reason at all :P

Linguica's bump was so immense in time span that the severity of the consequences broke the limit and looped back into being within forum rules.

Some people argue that time travel will never be possible. Those people have obviously never visited threads like these.

My, how times have changed. Back then, it was sitting around wasting time on forums, waiting on the new DOOM game, checking to see what's new for the classics.

And almost 16 years later, we've advanced to sitting around wasting time on forums, waiting on the new DOOM game, checking to see what's new for the classics.

Progress.

Linguica said:

Welcome to the Doomworld forums blah blah blah. I'm still working out the kinks but hopefully everything should hold together and not blow up in your face. Try not to start posting flames for at least a few days :P

You shouldn't have bothered. Who uses forums anymore? We have Facebook and Twitter for talking to other people.

You are all clearly the epitome of insane. For insanity is not the act of being sane or being in, it is the act of water in the pond and sand up your crack. Must we be forced to be the past while our current state envisions the future. Those are horrible times.