Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
ReX

ZDooM & scripts

I have written a simple script for colored lighting in a particular sector. I used ACC to convert the .acs file into an object (.o) file. I am trying to figure out how to bring the script into my main wad file using WinTex. The closest I can figure it, I need to bring up the script section of my wad in WinTex, and then somehow edit it. But no matter what I try I can't bring the script in. I tried renaming the object file with a .lmp extention and a .wad extention, but nothing worked.

(Btw, I'm using WadAuthor in ZDooM native mode for the map editing, and I already _have_ a special sector attribute for the sector in which I want colored lighting. Otherwise I'd simply use the Sector_Setcolor special.) Thanks.

When you are using WadAuthor you can simply right click on an empty place on the map and select 'scripts' from the pop-up menu. write your scripts down and hit 'compile', then save your map. There you go!

As mentioned, WadAuthor automatically compiles the scrit and inserts it into the wad in the BEHAVIOR lump. To use Wintex, swith to Hexen mode and load the wad file. Switch to map mode in the wad edit screen. Select Edit-Load from the menu. Type in BEHAVIOR into the lump name dialog. Then navigate to your map.o file and load that. It will insert the compiled script into the map.

boris said:

When you are using WadAuthor you can simply right click on an empty place on the map and select 'scripts' from the pop-up menu. write your scripts down and hit 'compile', then save your map. There you go!

Tarin & Rick:

Thanks for the excellent tips. Tarin, I used your suggestion and Voila! I was able to take care of business right in WadAuthor. I was trying to get the deep water effect with colored lighting (described in Rick's ZDooM tutorial). Now I need to mess around with the RGB colors to get the desired effect. My water is lighter colored than the deep blue (0,0,203) of DooM. Curiously, when I use a lighter blue (0,192,224), the ceiling (water surface when viewed from below) is the right color, but the gun/hand sprite is green, and the underwater environment is not colored. I'll keep trying. But thank you both for your help.

Guest IcarusWing

You need to change the colour of the control sector, not the water sector.

Actually, I did change the color of the control sector. That's why I got some colors in the first place. The problem is that I'm not getting the desired colors. The surface color of the water is a light blue. Therefore, I wanted the underwater environment to be a light blue too. So far, if I want the entire underwater scene to be colored with a uniform color, the best I seem to be able to get is a darker blue. Some RGB combinations give me light blue water surface (when viewed from below) but green hand & gun, and no water environment color. Or else I get grey, dark blue, anything but uniform light blue.

ZDooM only uses a 256 color palette. So I can imagine that certain combinations of water color and weapon color make the weapon colors look crappy. Try to use other colors for the water.