Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Guest DammitBeavis

BEX files

Guest DammitBeavis

What is a BEX file? I have one called railgun.bex and I wanted to know how BEX works, how they're made, and anything else there is to know.

DammitBeavis said:

What is a BEX file? I have one called railgun.bex and I wanted to know how BEX works, how they're made, and anything else there is to know.

BEX files were developed by TeamTNT for the Boom engine. It is partial replacement for Dehacked. Since ZDoom uses Boom it also has BEX support. You can look in the docs for Boom at TeamTNT. Also, look over the editing DOCS for ZDoom on Randy's site, especially the Dehacked page.

Guest dammitbeavis

Oh, that's cool. Now if I could only figure out what ACS files are. But, for right now I'm gonna go on over to TeamTNT's homepage...

Acs files are script files for hexen and zdoom, these scripts can contain instructions about changing lightning / sector heights & textures, the movement & rotation of polyobject and much more advanced stuff.

dammitbeavis said:

Oh, that's cool. Now if I could only figure out what ACS files are.

To follow on Bitstate;s excellent comments:

I have a ACS scripting primer on the ZDoom Technical Pages:

http://zdoom.notgod.com/zdhtech/

It will give you a good introduction to ACS and what its all about. It won't make you into programmer, but it may get you started. :)