Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Guest malcolm

Help!

Guest malcolm

I've got a problem in a map I'm working on with chaingunners 'jumping' off a ledge down to where the player is in boom and sometimes zdoom. I don't want to set a blockmonsters linedef cause that would inhibit the movement of some caco's in the area. any help on what causes this?

Guest Fanatic

If you are trying to get the chaingunners to jump off the ledge, you need some dehacked work.

Guest malcolm

No, I'm trying to get them _not_ to jump off the ledge!

If the ledge is more than 24 units high then the monsters shouldn't ever walk off the edge anyway... we need more information to be of much help :P

(See Ling's note below):

Create a sector along the ledge that is at least 24 units high (sort of like a low retaining wall). 24 units will allow them to see and shoot over the wall, but not allow them to step off the ledge.

Guest malcolm
Linguica said:

If the ledge is more than 24 units high then the monsters shouldn't ever walk off the edge anyway... we need more information to be of much help :P

the ledge is 128 units high, with two steps each 8 units high leading up to it. I think these steps leading up to it may be the problem. in any case it appears to be a bug in the sourceports (and possibly in doom2, I haven't checked since the map would crash almost instantly due to vpo)

And the chaingunner walks straight off the edge of a 128-unit-high dropoff? Monsters definitely should not be able to do that, you are right. If, on the other hand, the chaingunner is going down some stairs in order to get to you, make the stair steps not as deep.

Hrm, I know in MBF and ZDoom if you shoot enemies near a ledge, they'll fall off, but I never saw them fall off on their own.. why don't you create a little line 2 units inside the ledge linedef and create a railing 32 high from the higher floor.. that way, caco's can fly over.. altho the player nor the enemy can fall down.. midbars3 will only be drawn for 32 units if you draw another sector on the other side of the railing linedef a couple units away... whatever you know this stuff Malcolm.. NOW RELEASE THE NEXT CHORD MAP DAMN YOU!