Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Mr Smith

Editing Enemies attacks... another question..

Guest Mr Smith

I know that you can edit Enemies attacks with EDGE (which is, by the way, an amazing program.... extremely user friendly) and do some basic editing with DEHACKED. Im wondering if I could edit the actual game script WITHOUT the need of another program (or at least running the program without the desired effect). I want my edited Doom to run BY ITSELF.

Can the source code be modified by itself so I dont need another program?? Aliens TC did it, and all I want is to edit enemies attacks, speed and behavior (and maybe a weapon or two). What more could I want?? And if this helps, I know a bit about Wintex, and Waded is second nature to me.

Any help would be gratefull!!

A new total conversion is on the rise,

Damien Mychajlowskyj

P.S. How is DosDoom??

Umm, Dehacked produces a hacked doomhack.exe which can be run on its own. And if you modify the source code and compile your own EXE, you can make it do whatever you want.

Guest Fanatic

DOS DOOM is dead. EDGE is it's baby brother, and a whole lot better.

And like the post below, you can use DeHackEd to make a new EXE, that will run by itself, but not really necessary since most ports can load and run DEH patches, which are a WHOLE lot smaller.