Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Nails

Need help with WadAuthor scriptor

Guest Nails

This is probably an easy fix, but i don't know how to do it...when i try to compile my scripts, it says it needs to be run in DOS mode and that I'd have to close all other programs to do it. I agrred tot his and my computer restarted...what can i do?

Nails said:

This is probably an easy fix, but i don't know how to do it...when i try to compile my scripts, it says it needs to be run in DOS mode and that I'd have to close all other programs to do it. I agrred

It sounds like you are trying to use the ACC compiler that came with WA, which is for Hexen. I assume that you are trying to compile a ZDoom script (?). If so, d/l the editing package from the ZDoom homepage and use the ACC.EXE that comes in that package. The Hexen ACC won't work with ZDoom anyway. The compiler needs to be in the same folder as WA.

Guest Nails

Thanks Rick, you're the man!

Wildman said:

It sounds like you are trying to use the ACC compiler that came with WA, which is for Hexen. I assume that you are trying to compile a ZDoom script (?). If so, d/l the editing package from the ZDoom homepage and use the ACC.EXE that comes in that package. The Hexen ACC won't work with ZDoom anyway. The compiler needs to be in the same folder as WA.

I've noticed that the ACC.exe that comes with Skull Tag does not like WA. I guess that's because it was compiled using MSVC++. It worked fine after I re-compiled it using DJGPP.