Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Lost Soul

TNT Kills?

I tried to do a co-op game on map 30 of TNT just moments ago. but there's one problem. whoever the host is, begins dead. they can still move, and jump and stuff, but they are at 0 health, and cannot fire, or be noticed by enemies, but you can still hit switches and things. WTF??

Sounds like Zombie mode. when you kill your other self... umm it's some sort of bug... but I have know idea how you could acheave that in a co-op game in TNT. I do know there is another player start on the map, but you can't get there without using IDCLIP. you wern't cheating were you?

was the screen all gone blurry or you couldn't see nothing at all? perhaps you have a different size of wad from the admin's, or either he or you ran the program inproperly, such as running tnt.wad with doom2.wad?

I was running TNT with Zdoom.wad, and nothing else. There was no cheating, and my screen was perfectly clear. I could not pass thru solid objects. I would do virtually nothing but move around as though I were alive.

Little Faith said:

Blast your sorry butt if don't correct the coloured torch puzzle properly.

Ah ha I see.

When I first saw the title of this thread, I thought someone was being really stupid. Then I readised this wasn't Rants and Raves.

Little Faith said:
There's a voodoo doll in that level. It may have an impact of sorts.

/me thumps forhead

That's What it's called!

How do you make one agian?

Place a second player 1 start.

The first one played will become the real player.The other will become an inactive thing looking like another marine.

Whenever something happens to the voodoo doll it will also happen to you. When the voodoo doll gets hurt you will get hurt. When the voodoo doll grabs an item you will get it (this is tricky since the voodoo doll can't move on it's own accord, but placing it on the edge of a ledge with a lift with the object right next to it might make the voodoo doll grab the weapon when the lift moves upwards).

The last one you make actually becomes your player start. The ones before become voodoo dolls.

Cooperative multiplayer voodoo dolls function just the same as single player for each player, at least in ZDoom. My guess is they placed the wrong starts last for multiple coop players, but it doesn't quite explain why someone would start dead or as a ghost.

Gokuma said:

Cooperative multiplayer voodoo dolls function just the same as single player for each player, at least in ZDoom. My guess is they placed the wrong starts last for multiple coop players, but it doesn't quite explain why someone would start dead or as a ghost.

They do function the same, but if player 2 or 4 or anyone else shoots at voodoo dolls (or manikins, as I call them) of player 1, then player 1 dies, not the person who shot them. So if someone got the puzzle wrong, then someone else would die. Therefore they can be a bit dodgy to use in coop (unless you want revenge on someone who shot you earlier, or something like that...)

To avoid this problem in map 30 of TNT, simply play with Legacy, as manikins don't appear there. (that's one reason why I no longer use that source port....)

Ultimate DooMer said:

They do function the same, but if player 2 or 4 or anyone else shoots at voodoo dolls (or manikins, as I call them) of player 1, then player 1 dies, not the person who shot them. So if someone got the puzzle wrong, then someone else would die. Therefore they can be a bit dodgy to use in coop (unless you want revenge on someone who shot you earlier, or something like that...)

To avoid this problem in map 30 of TNT, simply play with Legacy, as manikins don't appear there. (that's one reason why I no longer use that source port....)

my level in progress kills all players if one of them gets the puzzle wrong :D