Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
moneyman

help with sound efects !

Hello , is there anyone out there who can suggest an easy to use sound editor... any help would be much appreciated

ps anything but wintex (cant get it to work !)

regards,
£

Guest Fanatic

What are you trying to do with sounds?

Editing a sound effect with a sound editor, like Cool Edit, and importing a sound to a WAD using Wintex are entirely two different things.

I want to import sounds into a wad, but I was wondering if there is an easy to use editor,except for wintex because I cant get it to work

Uhm.. i think nwt and nwt pro lets you import sounds, and there is a proggie named dmaud too which probably let you do that.

(nwt and nwtpro are both in the utilities section of doomworld, dmaud i'm not certain about...)

Wintex does work. If you want to import a completely new sound, here's what you do (I learned this trick myself):
Normally if you create a new sound (from loading a sound into a blank wad file or in the "guru only" section), it will not accept any name you type in that is not in doom to begin with, so:
*1) just pick a name like "dspistol" or "dsshotgn" either will do for now (trust me on this).
*2) rename the sound for what ever name you want (like DSBERSRK or DSAREA51).

Hope that this was what your problem was... and fixed it.

If your wintex doesn't work, Ill give you mine.
Just e-mail me and i'll send it via attachment, or give me your ICQ number and we could file transfer.

Or you could go to wintex's website and download it (i'm sure it still exists, btw: I have wintex v4.3)

sirgalahadwizar said:

Wintex does work. If you want to import a completely new sound, here's what you do (I learned this trick myself):
Normally if you create a new sound (from loading a sound into a blank wad file or in the "guru only" section), it will not accept any name you type in that is not in doom to begin with, so:
*1) just pick a name like "dspistol" or "dsshotgn" either will do for now (trust me on this).
*2) rename the sound for what ever name you want (like DSBERSRK or DSAREA51).

Hope that this was what your problem was... and fixed it.

Forget I asked I got wintex to work its just that Doomworlds d/l does not include the vbrun300.dll. I got it off someone

£

Guest LCS150

If wintex doesn't run you probably need vbrun300.zip. Search for it at hotbot.lycos.com . use "liks to this URL" parameter.

Guest Deathman

I guess the only solution is to get Deepsea, that editor has everything you are looking for.