Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Tormentor667

New Weapons via ZDoom

How can I create completely new weapons without overwriting the old one? I want to include a Railgun, a Grenade Launcher and a old BFG (the one with the huge amount of objectives which can also be seen in MBF) without overwriting old weapons? If somebody can tell me how this works with Z Doom (v1.22) please tell me. You can also write me an E-Mail (tormentor667@gmx.de) if this explanation is a very long text!

---------
Doom will never die!

ST is a modification of the ZDooM source code. So the new weapons are programmed into the code. It does not use DeHackEd or something like that.

The EDGE port can do this very very effectivly. All of the coding for the monsters, weapons, items, etc is in nice little convienient package of text files (like quake C but vastly less complex). The way this is designed is that you can simply insert a new heading and wala! new monster, thing, weapon, etc.

The only thing I haven't gotten to work is a realistic rail-gun that will penitrate through things.

Sure, you can shoot multiple projectiles all at the same time, but tougher monsters that would be able to take a full-penitration wound like a baron or cyberdemon must be killed to effect things behind them, yes it sucks and I have complained to the EDGE team numerous times about putting support for this in their new ddf codings.