Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Guest asdasdasdasdasd

a few pretty stupid questions...

Guest asdasdasdasdasd

ok im kinda new to this level editing stuff and all my created wads came out pretty bad. im using wad author and whenever i set remote doors that you gotta walk on a sector to activate and it opens but leaves a blurry impassable wall. also when i make stairs the graphics come out pretty nasty and slows down my game badly and i cant go up the stairs because something blocks me.my normal stairs come out fine but in large, open areas where i put the stairs so i can just go up and fall dow the top is where this happened. what am i doing wrong?

Guest Fanatic

Sounds like you are having problems on setting the ceilings height and missing textures.

If you are making a door that opens, make sure the ceiling of the door = the floor height (e.g. zero height sector). Also make sure the surrounding lines have textures on them.

For the stairs, it sounds like you have either too low a ceiling, or missing lower textures.

Check the tutorials and try making a simple stair and door, get that right first in a very simple level. Then once you understand the basics, apply it to your real map. Sometimes I have to do the same with my maps when something goes wrong.

Guest LRM

So that's what was wrong with the remote door in my wad!