Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
mechasam

zdoom editing help

K, im new to ZDoom editing, I downloaded wadauthor and its configuration file... so... is

1) WadAuthor only sector based?
2) How do I add ambient sounds to my wads?

Yes, wad author is sector based. Once you place a sector you can move the vertices by pressing V.

To add ambient sounds, use wintex or some other wad editor to insert a wav file. Create a SNDINFO lump with the sound name
and the ambient tag. I have a tutorial on this as well as looking ant the sndinfo information and ambient tag in the ZDoom editing docs.

im prolly a moron for saying this but the tutorial wasnt much help.. so u mean to tell me i can just open wintex, and add a New Entry, lets say.. called "Amb1" and load my sound entry there.. so where do i add the SNDLUMPINFO or whatever its called?

the sndinfo.lmp is a file that you need to insert into the wad file with the information zdoom needs to recogonie that the sound you inserted is an ambient sound

open a new file in notepad or something, type in what you need, save it as sndinfo.txt, change the extension as sndinfo.lmp, and insert it into the wad file using wintex

Mechasam said:

im prolly a moron for saying this but the tutorial wasnt much help.. so u mean to tell me i can just open wintex, and add a New Entry, lets say.. called "Amb1" and load my sound entry there.. so where do i add the SNDLUMPINFO or whatever its called?

Take a look at the ZDoom editing docs on Rnady's site. It explains the zdoom lumps pretty well. Also d/l the sampe wad file and then look at the lumps in the wad file with wintex in Hexen mode. It should be clear then.