Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Guest litenDavid

making sprite patches with DEUSF

Guest litenDavid

say i have a few pics i want to replace whatever sprite with. how do i make a wad out of them, to '-merge' with DEUSF? (much like those old Wad Factory stuff)

Guest Fanatic

You can't merge raw BMP's using DEUSF. Find and use DEUTEX (on ftp://ftp.cdrom.com/pub/doom2/utilities or somewhere therein), and look up help on the -make function.

Guest PainoMan

Nah, use WinTex. Much easier than all that command line crap.

Also, remember if you change one sprite you have to put all the other sprites in the wad or it will crash. You don't have to release it that way, but then you would have to include deusf and a batch file to "inflate" the wad with all the sprites.

Nowadays I feel this is not as necessary as it was when a 3 meg download was considered a large investment in time.

Guest litendavid
Fanatic said:

You can't merge raw BMP's using DEUSF. Find and use DEUTEX (on ftp://ftp.cdrom.com/pub/doom2/utilities or somewhere therein), and look up help on the -make function.

rephrasing the question - how do i make a wad file containing the new gifs? (preferrably with NWT or DEUSF)

Guest Fanatic

You can't with DEUSF, you can only merge existing WADs with it.

With NTW, you're on your own. It's got a poor interface (compared to Wintex).

But for command line "making a WAD file with raw BMP or GIF graphics", I would recommend using DEUTEX. Look for it on CDROM.COM and read the readme file for directions.

Otherwise, I would recommend using Wintex, it's the next best thing and fairly easy to learn and use.

Guest litenDavid

fell for the pressure, and abandoned the commandline world - *sniff* - to try WinTex out. which totally rocked! thanx a bunch, for help AND patience. ;)