• More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Guest ROR AnubiS666

DEhackED Code Pointers *ConfuseD*

Guest ROR AnubiS666

Hi,
I found the file on doomworld about the code pointers for DEhackED. Problem is, all the digits in mine are 6 numbers long. but the ones on the document are 1,2, and 3 digits long. Is there something I don't know.
Thanks In advance

Guest c-d-w

the 1, 2,3 digit long numbers are the frame numbers, not the code pointers..
when using dehacked, the code digits have little to do with anything, it's the frame numbers that matter.

Guest ROR AnubiS666

Ok, I see what's up. So then how would I get a frame to do the same thing as another frame. ie: make the shotgun fire on a frame it didn't originally. like a frame before it. doing so would make it fire twice.

Thanks for the help, I thought the code pointers told doom what the frame was supposed to do.

They erm, do. Dehacked stops you from assigning a code pointer to a frame that previously didn't have a code pointer for it, although if you manualy edit a v3 .deh file you can assign them yourself.
I think most ports that support .deh files accept this:

Pointer 0 (Frame 463)
Codep Frame = 380

That makes frame 463 do whatever frame 380 does- in this case it makes an imp gib frame fire mancubus fireballs (I ripped this straight from my old gib patch). 'Pointer X' where X is a number is pretty much ignored, so just leave it as 0.

ROR AnubiS666 said:

Ok, I see what's up. So then how would I get a frame to do the same thing as another frame. ie: make the shotgun fire on a frame it didn't originally. like a frame before it. doing so would make it fire twice.

Thanks for the help, I thought the code pointers told doom what the frame was supposed to do.

Also if you change the original frame to do something else, that won't have an effect on anything that refers to it. For example if you set frame 426 to 386's code pointer and then change frame 386 to another frame's code pointer, frame 426 will still do what 386 originally did. Even if you set frame 426 to do what 386 did after you already changed 386, 426 will still do what 386 originally did. Also as long as a code pointer frame is followed by another frame with a code pointer, you can set its duration to 0 which will cause it to be skipped and its action will be carried out on the next frame at the same time as its action.