Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Ape Tickler

WinTex Catastrophe

Guest Ape Tickler

I got meself a new computer, and I'm trying to run WinTex, but it won't start. It just gives me some jive about "A device attached to the system is not functioning." I'm perplexed; everything appears to be in order. I don't know what I'll do without WinTex. I'm appalled.

I suspect it's a soundcard issue. Wintex doesn't like your new soundcard, I think. Could you try disabling it temporarily? If Wintex starts after that, then that's the problem. I have no idea what else it could be.

Guest Fanatic

Possible you might have something funky in your wintex.ini, try renaming it and run Wintex again (Wintex should create a new default one).

If you got Windows ME wth your new system, that might be the problem. I hear it doesn't do well with DOS emulation, and might be the problem (as mentioned below, sound card issue).

Make sure you have a good vbrun300.dll too.

That's all I can think of.

Guest Ape Tickler

Goodness gracious. I've tried both of these things, and it still doesn't work. I'm using Windows 98, with an on-board sound card. I don't see anyhting in WINTEX.INI that looks problematic. Whatever will I do?

where does one obtain this vbrun300.dll , because i really wanna make a tc buteverytime i try wintex it sez it cant find that file...can someone send it to me or sumpthin¿

Guest Fanatic

Man, search engines are you friend. :) You can find VBRUN300.DLL just about anywhere if you look.

Try here:

http://web.unboxed.com/help_win_vbrun300.htm