Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Guest DammitBeavis

Another EDGE question

Guest DammitBeavis

Alright, alot of stuff in edge is different from the way it was in original doom. There's a few changes I don't like. The Nazi's and chaingunners are super powerful and super accurate, and the light amplification visor thingy only lasts like 2 seconds! I have a pretty good idea how to fix the Nazi's and chaingunners, but is there anything else like that? And can I make those visors last longer?

Guest Fanatic

1) super powerful and super accurate: already been reported and has been fixed in EDGE 1.25 (not yet released)

2) light amplification lasts 120 seconds, unless you modified THINGS.DDF/[LIGHT_SPECS:2045] entry

Guest DammitBeavis

So are those DDF problems? Could I fix the super deadly bastards myself? I just haven't tried yet...

Guest Fanatic

The first, no. It was partly DDF, but we added/reworked the accuracy to fix it.

The second, unless you changed it, it should be 120 seconds. It works just fine here.

I can confirm that... the light amp visor is fine here, but the Chaingunners are the whole reason I barely play with Edge - they're killers! I was in a huge open area, and a chaingunner was about 500 meters away (barely visible in low res). As soon as I stepped out into the open, he nailed me instantly! His weapon seems to have no spread and defies gravity :(

Guest Fanatic

I don't know what to tell you about the light visors, works fine here.

The monsters accuracy has been fixed in EDGE 1.25, it was/is a bug in EDGE 1.24.