Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Captain Red

Doom in your "Living" Room.

I Just Got my hands on Final Doom For PSX!! And I should have a copy of Doom64 by this time next week. JOY! I've been playing Final doom pretty solidly all day. up to level 19 : The deepest Reaches (on UV, Of coarse!). Ahh, it takes me back to when I first got doom for PSX. it was after I got The Ultimate Doom for PC, but before I got Doom II. I wasn't anywhere near the doom freak then as I am now. I Grabbed it thinking "I'll probably never buy doom II for PC anyway. so what the hell." heh. I happy to say that I was Wrong.

After I first finished doom PSX for the first time, I Made it my mission to get doom on every platform in my possession. And I’m slowly getting there... but after next week, It will be a really. I really wish I had A surround sound type setup, just so I could finish all the console doom over on it.

Sorry if I'm just rambling on. but I'm as giddy as a kid in a candy store. I have been in a fantastic mood all day... Um maybe I should get to the point:

1)I have never played Doom64, Or seen it played. I've seen screen shots, read reviews, Ect. what would Interest a PC and PSX veteran about Doom 64?

2)What would you think Would be a good home theater setup for console dooming?

Edit: Happy?

Is the title of this thread Living Room or Lounge? Tell me, change it or I replace your text. Also, it's spelt wrong, not Wong as in Mr. Wong, jeez I thought your spelling was improving

[img-spelling] btw.

That was a Type-O. :P It's not so much my spelling anymore as it is my keyboard skills. I’m trying to learn touching typing. as you can see, I’ve got a long way to go.

LEARN TO TOUCH TYPE IN NOTEPAD NOT ON THE FORUMS! Yes, heh, I'm happy now, though you've still got a "Doom 46" in there, rofl.

Doom 64 is very different to PSX Domm, which is essentially loyal to PC Doom. You'll have to play it and see.

Doom 46

/me bursts into uncontrollable laughter

Seriously, though, Doom64 rocks. The graphics are the best yet seen for a console version of Doom, the levels are well-designed and fun to play in, the sound effects are hair-raising, the new enemy designs for some of the demons are badass (especially the Demon) and the one new weapon, the UnMaker, is cool as well. Believe me, you will LOVE Doom64.

That, the shotgun has no reloading animations and the status bar isn't there.

Am i the only person who thinks that the D64 sprites look awful?

I mean, the mancubus looks like a rat with guns for arms. And don't get me started on the Caco/PE... argh!

yes you are....doom 64 was a great console version...minus the caco/PE animations...ill give you that point.

On the flip side, the Demon, Baron, and Imp sprites look very cool. As do the weapons sprites.

Spike said:

I mean, the mancubus looks like a rat with guns for arms. And don't get me started on the Caco/PE... argh!

I dunno...I tend to agree. I've never played the game seeing as how I like to stay the Hell away from consoles, but all the sprites I have seen looked ugly as shite.

Spike said:

But the arachnotron looks cute and cuddly.

I haven't played it either, but I've read a whole heap... ahem.

THINGS THAT'D INTREST A DOOM VETERAN:

All new maps.
One new weapon, the UnMaker.
New "pentagram" powerups. There are only three in the whole game, and they supercharge the UnMaker, and close off the monster spawners in the final boss map.
All new sounds and art.
One new monster: Nightmare Imp (Dark purple, slightly stronger, hides in dark areas)
A new final boss: The Mother Demon (The ultimate evolution of the Archvile. Doesn't take TOO much of a beating, in fact, a UnMaker that's been supercharged three times over can kill her in four or five seconds!)
And quite possibly the harded Super Secret Level ever to hit DOOM. Cheats don't work in it. Ouch!

Danarchist, you have angered the console gods! Prepare to be beaten with an assortment of Contra, Castlevania, Metroid, Bomberman, and various Technos cartridges. Further imputence will be punished with all 462 versions of Street Fighter 2.

ralphis sfr6: Tell them that Ralphis says doom64 sucks
ralphis sfr6: i cant take all this doom64 love!

Gokuma said:

Danarchist, you have angered the console gods! Prepare to be beaten with an assortment of Contra, Castlevania, Metroid, Bomberman, and various Technos cartridges. Further imputence will be punished with all 462 versions of Street Fighter 2.

I haven't played a single one of those games. Ever. Wait, I did play bomberman once. It was okay I guess.

The Mother Demon's monster design is...ugh, well, it sucks. The idea of a Mothere Demon, if executed right could be terrifying and/or demonic, but a giant rat with four arms? Please.

Gokuma said:

Every one of those games listed is lame, especially metroid.

EarthBound forever.

Spike said:

No, you're not alone ;)

I also happen to think Doom 64 and every other game on N64 is ghey...

Originally posted by SlayeR
I also happen to think Doom 64 and every other game on N64 is ghey...

Actually, there are quite alot of great games on the N64...

Baron-Of-Hell said:

Actually, there are quite alot of great games on the N64...

Yes there are. I couldn't give a shit what people think, but PERFECT DARK RULES.

/me gets up off floor and adjusts his tie

Liam the Bard said:

Every one of those games listed is lame, especially metroid.

Fuck you. :P

If you don't like it, wellmeh. That's your opinion. On the other hand, I think the Metroid series is one of the best gaming series ever. And it is coming to Gamecube and Gameboy Advance later this year (which is teh awesome shiznit)...

Bomberman rules as well, so does Contra, so does Street Fighter...

/me ends his rambling

Liam the Bard said:

ralphis sfr6: Tell them that Ralphis says doom64 sucks
ralphis sfr6: i cant take all this doom64 love!

I agree with ralphieboy.