Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Lutz

Defining new sector types with DEH

Guys -

Can you design or redefine a sector type with DeHacked? Specifically, I would like to make an "instant death" sector, such that when the player touched it, he/she instantly died. Any help out there?

Lutz

I'm afraid not. Without alterning the main .exe yourself, you can only really do something like this with ZDoom or Edge.

Actually, you could make the player's max hitpoints 20 or something with a DEH/BEX file so that a damaging sector would pretty much kill you instantly, but then that would mess up the rest of the game somewhat.

Lutz said:

an "instant death" sector

Oh man I've been dying to have one of those for years! PLEASE somebody help him find out how!!

Just so you know, the Caverns of Darkness engine does have an "instant death sector type."

Okay, how about this -- is there a way to edit the specific damage one sector type causes? Say, could you change the "2-5% damage" sector type to "400% damage"?

Also, anyone know a program that will let you save a Doom 2 level as an Ultimate Doom level? WinDEU and DETH will only let you save to a different map in the same game; I have an old Doom 2 level I want to use with P:AR, but can't figure out how to convert it so that I can use it with Ultimate Doom.

Thanks

Guest NiCoTiNe
Lutz said:

...is there a way to edit the specific damage one sector type Say, could you change the "2-5% damage" sector type to "400% damage"...

or could you change the damage to a postive number, let's say +5%, so you can make healing pods like in Q3 or Unreal.

There is no way to alter the damaging sector types in the normal .exe.

As I said in another post, you can only have different types from normal ones in ports such as Edge and ZDoom.

Guest NiCoTiNe
NiGHTMARE said:

As I said in another post, you can only have different types from normal ones in ports such as Edge and ZDoom.

what about Legacy? can u define sector shit with that port?

I don't know, I don't really follow Legacy development, I don't think I've downloaded a new version for two years or something :)

But I do know that they're adding, or maybe they already have added, FraggleScript from the SMMU port, which may be able to do stuff like this (I don't know much about SMMU either I'm afraid; I'm a Boom/ZDoom/Skull Tag junkie :) )

Lutz said:

Just so you know, the Caverns of Darkness engine does have an "instant death sector type."

Okay, how about this -- is there a way to edit the specific damage one sector type causes? Say, could you change the "2-5% damage" sector type to "400% damage"?

Also, anyone know a program that will let you save a Doom 2 level as an Ultimate Doom level? WinDEU and DETH will only let you save to a different map in the same game; I have an old Doom 2 level I want to use with P:AR, but can't figure out how to convert it so that I can use it with Ultimate Doom.

Thanks

If you use Wadauthor you can open the map using the Doom2.wcf. Copy the whole kit and kaboodle. Close the map window. Select the Doom.wcf, open a new map window and paste it in. You'll probably have to redo a lot of the textures, get rid of some things/monsters that are in Doom2 but not Ultimate Doom etc.