Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Bobo

ok then...

Ok then people, thanx for the posts but my problem is fixed:

I will use Edmap, but when it stuffs up my 'texture number' thingy, i fix it with ED209, which actually deletes the bad vertices in my wad. And for Nodes building, i'll use Warmdos, not that crap-assed BSP.

Guest Fanatic

Crap assed BSP?

You're input to BSP must suck, not the program. BSP is the best nodes builder on the planet.

Fanatic said:

Crap assed BSP?

You're input to BSP must suck, not the program. BSP is the best nodes builder on the planet.

Unless he's using a really ancient version of BSP...

Bsp v2.3 and up. Perfect nodesbuilder. None better. End of discussion :P

I think BSP3.0 works best. It still gives me a few odd errors here and there but it's superior to 2.3 when it comes to those 1-pixel details.

Guest fanatic

GLBSP 1.9 is the best, the real benefit is the new GL nodes it builds, but even when I don't build a new level for EDGE, I still use GLBSP because it is quite tight, and is based off BSP 2.3.

I'll have to try that then. I have a few problems in one of my maps where it I have some lighting detail and where the beams of light cross, there is one of those 1-pixel lines going from floor to ceiling. What's weird is that it's drawn on an 8-pixel grid, and the angles are 30 degrees so it shouldn't be getting tripped up on that. I move the vertex 8 pixels and it works, but then I move it back and it's screwed again. There are no open sectors or overlapping vertices in that area either. That is what happens with BSP3.0 - BSP2.3 builds that section fine but messes up more of the fine details in the other sections of the map.