Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Gôvernôr Barôn

to wildman

Guest Gôvernôr Barôn

in your tutorial for Zdoom under the section polyobjs-> recessed switch, you hardly explain HOW to create it. it may be easy for you to make one of those newfangled thing-a-majigs but it would help if i could have an in depth explanation on how to make it instead of pictures of wad author.

Well, if you don't understand the tutorial, then it is because you don't understand poly objects. I suggest you try and read through the other tutorials before bitching. I do a step-by-step explanation on how to create polys. The switch tutorial is simply an extension of this foundation.

Wildman, i must say that your tutorials are top notch. They have helped me alot in the production of TRTCC! thx

Take the time to read all tutorial !
If you try something and miss other infos about some other specs, well you're not in the good way.

Wildman tuts are better than others, but take the time and you'll be ready to make a perfect effect in your wad creation.

Guest Gôvernôr Barôn
Wildman said:

Well, if you don't understand the tutorial, then it is because you don't understand poly objects. I suggest you try and read through the other tutorials before bitching. I do a step-by-step explanation on how to create polys. The switch tutorial is simply an extension of this foundation.

i do know how to make polyobjs, just not recessed switches.. and first of all instead of being a rude bastard, why dont u try reading my message again. did i say your tutorial sucks? no i simply said i dont UNDERSTAND that part of the huge tutorial. so, instead of bein rude be nice (but i guess thats unheard of in doomworld) and how will i learn how to make recessed switches by learning other parts of the tutorial anyhow?! i dont know if u misunderstood me or if u just hate me, but its a simple question.

ps - your tutorial is great! (that better?)

Wildman doesn't sound as if he's being rude at all. Your original post, however, DOES sound as if it's being rude.

Gôvernôr Barôn said:

i do know how to make polyobjs, just not recessed switches.. and first of all instead of being a rude bastard, why dont u try reading my message again. did i say your tutorial sucks? no i simply said i dont UNDERSTAND that part of the huge tutorial. so, instead of bein rude be nice (but i guess thats unheard of in doomworld) and how will i learn how to make recessed switches by learning other parts of the tutorial anyhow?! i dont know if u misunderstood me or if u just hate me, but its a simple question.

ps - your tutorial is great! (that better?)

Me being rude? I guess you demading that I jump to your personal whims isn't? I suggest you re-read your own post and ask who is being rude. I don't give a monkey's bottom how you feel about the tutorial. I simply don't like your tone.

Guest Gôvernôr Barôn

yeah YOU being rude, quote what part of my original message where i dissed your tutorial. is it a crime not to understand a part of your tutorial? i dont know why your getting all mad, i quote, "..instead of bitching". tell me what part of my original message i said any cuss word. in my 2nd message i cussed because u were getting mad for no reason!

your lucky your popular in the doom community, you have people to back you up. and if i said anything to offend you (i dont know what), sorry! because i know if i start a war against you, then the whole community will be against me.

"i simply dont like your tone"? i was just saying that maybe you know how to create a recessed switch but i dont.. what part of that is a "dont like your tone" kind of sentence? im not trying to start a war wildman.

Guest Gôvernôr Barôn
NiGHTMARE said:

Wildman doesn't sound as if he's being rude at all. Your original post, however, DOES sound as if it's being rude.

nightmare, i dont understand in the first place why your against me. in all of my posts in doomworld, you always rebuke me or something. i understand why, though, your on wildman's side in this case... its hard to tell what one MEANT to type because when you type something, its hard what they meant by it because you dont hear the person's tone.

im already under enough doom-related pressure here, i got the whole community against me as it is, and plus im making a project which im doing my best on and i think i deserve a little tidbit of credit.

When have I been "against you"? Let's see the stuff I've posted in your thread.

Helping you out by providing a sample ACS script.

Saying that your story sounds good but that UACF is a weird name - when have you ever heard of a company with more than one of the following: "corporation" or "corp", "plc", "ltd", "federation", etc in its name?

Letting you know that your site didn't appear to work; normal people would actually want to know about this, as they might consider it to be relatively important.

Suggesting that you're posting too much, so that you were warned before you started getting flamed again. You left last time because people were pissed off with you spamming the place so much, and this time it's even worse than it was before. Look at this:

General forum

Jan 4th - to Lüt, please read
Jan 5th - i am Mechasam
Jan 7th - :imback project
Jan 7th - wtf
Jan 10th - no plot, obviously
on holiday, otherwise there would be at least 5 new threads here
Jan 17th - projx
Jan 18th - spiffy
Jan 20th -lms

Editing forum

Jan 2nd - color chart
Jan 5th - i posted this in the general forum
Jan 20th - to wildman

Now this wouldn't be so bad, but nearly all of them are about your projects. Will you PLEASE just send in your news to the news pages? If Doomworld forgets/doesn't want to/can't be arsed to mention it (which isn't likely as Arioch seems to be much more forgiving than Linguica), then send it to Newdoom, they always put up everything people send in.

Also, the Newdoom forums are a good place to go if you want to spam, because they don't seem to care over there. Plus if you think that everyone here is "against you" (I think you've got a case of paranoia going on there) then the Newdoom forums will also be the place for you, because they're violently anti the Doomworld forums, and therefore love the people that we "hate".

BTW Credit for working on a project? Excuse me, but 9/10th of the people in this community are working on a project. Most of them stupidly start a new project of their own rather than join an existing project, and then expect to get help as well. And that is NOT a reference to you, as at least you aren't trying to get people to help you.

I've been working on the same TC virtually single handedly for the past four and a half years, and while most other people haven't been working on projects for quite that length of time (with the exceptions of Eternity and Mordeth), a lot of other people have been working on stuff for much longer than you have been working on I'm back.

Maybe you should also read the explaining text instead of only looking at the pictures ;)

Gôvernôr Barôn said:

yeah YOU being rude, quote what part of my original message where i dissed your tutorial. is it a crime not to understand a part of your tutorial? i dont know why your getting all mad, i quote, "..instead of bitching". tell me what part of my original message i said any cuss word. in my 2nd message i cussed because u were getting mad for no reason!

your lucky your popular in the doom community, you have people to back you up. and if i said anything to offend you (i dont know what), sorry! because i know if i start a war against you, then the whole community will be against me.

"i simply dont like your tone"? i was just saying that maybe you know how to create a recessed switch but i dont.. what part of that is a "dont like your tone" kind of sentence? im not trying to start a war wildman.

Ok, I understand that sometimes the written word may come off sounding like it shouldn't. I'll be the first to apologise for the rancor; we don't need the upset.

Back to your original point: I'm not doing much with ZDoom these days. Maybe X-Doom, Nightmare or one of the other excellent ZDoom/ACS gurus can do a better job. Could someone help him out?