Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Nodus

Putting It Together

Guest Nodus

Ok, i know ive been gone for a long time, i dont know if anyone remembers me, but anyways - ive been working on a set of maps and im getting close to being done and i need to know how to pack them all into one wad. ive tried doing it before with wadmerge (came with doomcad)- no success: so i really need help.

If they are ZDoom maps there isn't any utility to merge the maps together (that I know of at least). If they are normal Doom/2 maps, you can use Wintex. I don't believe DeepSea supports wad merging at this time. (Correct me if I am wrong.)

DeePsea merges any PWAD for any "DOOM" game and derivates (e.g., HEXEN and ZDOOM).

There are two ways to do this:

1. Read in the PWADs you want to combine and then use the group command (File menu, 10th selection). The shareware version is limited in level size using this command.

2. Press F7 and use the IMPORT command. Open the Target (can be a new or existing PWAD). Add all the files to add - anything you like, including other levels. If it's a level, graphic or sound, it shows in the preview window or plays. When done adding files, select "Import all files".

There is NO limit using this command.

Wildman said:

If they are ZDoom maps there isn't any utility to merge the maps together (that I know of at least). If they are normal Doom/2 maps, you can use Wintex. I don't believe DeepSea supports wad merging at this time. (Correct me if I am wrong.)

ZETH can merge ZDoom maps. Simply load all levels you want to merge and go to ZETH's command line and type "g moo.wad" to group them all into moo.wad. IIRC all non-level data (graphics) will be lost though.

Find WadEd v1.83ß and use it's WadCat utility. Simple as hell. You type what WAD you want all those maps to be in, and then what maps you want to be in it. It doesn't get any simpler. Neither does the editor, for that matter.

boris said:

ZETH can merge ZDoom maps. Simply load all levels you want to merge and go to ZETH's command line and type "g moo.wad" to group them all into moo.wad. IIRC all non-level data (graphics) will be lost though.

It's bugging as hell, that wadauthor can't bind em together!