Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Guest cec

y2k sblive and dehacked

Guest cec

I am new to dehacked. I have a sound blaster live value. dehacked is not recognizing my driver. (I press f5 for sound) select pistol and press space. I get a message it cant find the drivers. I looked at dehacked.ini I then went and verified what i had. I do not know what to put in the sbirq or sbdma I show
A240 I2 D! H7 P330 T6.
Thank you for your time.

Guest Fanatic

Are you running Windows 2000? Or Windows 95/98?

If Windows 95/98 you have to setup DOS sound (good luck).

If Windows 2000, it won't work.

I get dehacked to work just fine with my SB live under win '98 by editing the dehacked.ini file. There should be a section that asks about soundcard settings. My current settings are:
A220 I7 D1 H5 P330 T6 and my dehacked.ini has the following lines:

sbaddress = 220
sbirq = 7
sbdma = 1

Last time I installed my card drivers, it had slightly different settings and putting the appropriate entries in dehacked.ini worked that time too.

Try putting

sbaddress = 240
sbirq = 2
sbdma = 1

In the soundcard section of your dehacked.ini and see what happens.

Guest cec
Fanatic said:

Are you running Windows 2000? Or Windows 95/98?

If Windows 95/98 you have to setup DOS sound (good luck).

If Windows 2000, it won't work.

Hello again. I tried the settings that were suggested. I have the same error. In response to Marc: please elaborate on dos settings maybe this is where i am having problems. I thank you both Jay and Marc.
I am using win98enhanced. I have sblive dc00
under my computer/system I show port A240, mpu port 330, adlib 388, irq 9, 8 bit dma 1, 16 bit dma 7.
also when i went to dehacked.ini i noticed the # removed from the line above where it says sbaddress...... If it reads DMA = -1 at this point i do not show errors when i load dehacked, but i do get the error sblaster driver not found. I dont think it is seeing sbaddress or sbirq or sbdma. I'm lost please help

The -1 setting tells dehacked to try and autodetect the DMA, but it has difficulty with the SB Live. Probably because the card is quite a bit newer than the prog (my guess anyway).

How were you getting your card settings information? I noticed in one of my set ups that the card settings seemed to be different when I checked them from the Windows device manager and from within a DOS box under windows. (Don't know why, but they were.) The settings reported under the DOS session worked, the device manager ones did not.

If you have not checked the DOS settings, try the following (if you already know all this, please don't be upset that I am telling you how to do it).

Open a DOS session under win 98 (click the start button and find the MS DOS icon - ususally in programs, or use the run dialogue and enter the word "command" on the run line).

Check your environment settings by typing "set" (enter)

This will report back to screen your environment settings. There should be a line in there that starts blaster=. This gives your SB Live settings under a DOS session. Use these values to modify your dehacked.ini and see what happens.

If you do not have a Blaster= line when you do the above, you could try adding the line

SET BLASTER=A240 I2 D1 H7 P330 T6

to your autoexec.bat file in your root directory (if it isn't already there) and then restarting.

Guest cec

Hello

Thank you for the information. I checked and retyped the information and found that I had a space between the equals sign and the information
I.E...
sbaddress = 240
it should read:
sbaddress =240
the same for sbirq and sbdma -- no space after the equals sign.

I have also checked out the information in sbeset.exe -c in the dosdrv directory.
Yes you are right Microsoft uses information different for the device manager.
Thank you all for your help...
It works it works its off to wolfendoom i go to learn how they made those excellent wolfenstein goodies
Thanks