Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Guest D|RE

Wadauthor Suggestion

Guest D|RE

My only complaint so far is trying to move Vertices, Its hard to tell when u drag and drop exactly where your dropping it. If you include a vertice/linedef setup the way edmap handles it, It would be Awesome. for those of you who do not know, Edmap automatically switches between linedef and vertice mode (depending on what you are doing) and moving vertices is simple. It make lineing up your linedefs easy.

Ill post more Praise/Complaints as i think of them (please dont take my complaints as offence I only intend for it to help future editions of Wadauthor)

Guest Nuno Correia

Well, I'd add sector splitting to that suggestion. Or, in alternative, a freehand line editing mode (á la Build).

Dire, you do know about using the WadAuthor hotkeys to help selections? Hit V and you only select, drag and drop vertices.
Use the [ and ] to change grid down to two units, hold shift key when dragging to allow one-unit steps. S for sector, L for line,
T for thing. N for no selection filter.

Nuno Correia said:

Well, I'd add sector splitting to that suggestion. Or, in alternative, a freehand line editing mode (á la Build).

Ok, so how ought this feature work? Do I select a sector and just tell WadAuthor to split it? If so, then how ought it be split? That is, ought it be split from top to bottom? Left to right? At a user-specified angle? How do you envision it working? Thanks!

Guest D|RE

Sorry Im so late getting back to you, ive been away for the past few days. Ok this is what i meant by my idea above. when your pointer is over a vertice you are in vertice mode, u can drag and drop vertices. now if you simply move your pointer over a linedef you are in linedef mode, you can drag and drop that linedef, to add another vertice in the middle of a linedef hover your pointer over said linedef, hit insert and voila, a new vertice in the middle of the linedef, now just drag and drop it exactly where you want it. And if my suggestions seem simple minded, dont pay me any mind. I am new to doom editing (about 2 months new) and i havent had time or patience to check out every single wad editor and learn every detail of it. and Mr. Wiliston, I plan to purchase your program. it is nice. But since you are making a new version and taking suggestions I thought i would explain some of the things that i HAVE saw and bring them to the table.

ok l8r

Guest D|RE
Phileosophos said:

Thanks for the feedback. I wonder: why is it hard to tell where you're dropping a vertex? I'm not sure what you mean. Could you elaborate?

That little icon appears over the vertice and obscures where it exactly is.

D|re,

That "little icon"...try this. Go to Tools-->Options-->Views. Now, make sure "Use Drag Cursor" is *NOT* checked.