Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Espi

Hey lüt...

I can't get the WadEd-custom textures thing to work, I get error messages and don't see the new textures. Waht exactly do you do to make it work, or do you use other version that I use (v1.83ß)?

I use v1.83ß. The error I got with the textures was having too many flats. What I ended up doing was having three different IWADs when I wanted to use different texture scemes. I have over 300 new walls in one of my projects and they all work fine. However, the flats error I am speaking of will give you a runtime error before the countdown screen starts, and one before loading the map. If you're getting something else I'd be interested in seeing what it is. Otherwise, work around the flats problem for starters. I think I kept it at 50 new flats per wad.

But I only made a few flats. I can start WadEd but it just gives an error msg and I can't use custom stuff. Now what I want to know is that what program you use to add custom gfx (Wintex I guess), and how exactly the IWAD is modified? do you merge wads? edit IWAD, join 'em or what? btw it seems that netscape was better than IE at 1 thing: it remembers my damn password and username! just tried to post this and IE made me go back and type 'em.

I build my texture PWADs individually and then use WinTex to merge them, and I don't touch the IWAD afterwards, no matter how much wasted space is in it. I think cleaning it or directly modifying it (the IWAD) will somehow take the IWAD parameter out of it and treat it as a PWAD in which case, your editors wouldn't work with it.

You must be using a version of IE later than 4.0 - I have that problem with 5.0 and 5.5, but 4.0 does everything right, including remember name and password.