Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
RTC_Marine

DEH Into WAD Files

Well, Ive Updated My Page, Put Up An Editing Section On How To Put DEH Patch Files Into A WAD Using Wintex, So If Ya Wanna Check It Out It Is At: www.russrice.com

Thanks.

Editors, FYI. Last week I put a .deh patch into a wad and then
played it with the latest beta of zdoom. Strange things happened...some of the dead troopers or sergeants kept throwing up a fountain of clips or shotguns. Heh, looked cool, but...

I ran the wad through zwadconv.exe. The dehacked lump stayed in the wad. Then, all was fixed. Don't know if this is a bug with the last zdoom beta, or if it is really best to always convert the wad to Hexen/Zdoom format with zwadconv.exe if you are going to load a patch.

Anyone know what's up with this?

From what I understand, DeHacked support in ZDooM v1.23 betas is extremely unstable. Further, with the development of DooMScript, it appears that DeHacked will not be supported in ZDooM v1.23 and up. 'Tis a shame.

It was unstable around about b11/12. It is solid as a rock now. I have given the latest betas a very thorough work out and haven't come up with any real problems with dehacked or bex support.