Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Sublime

Color Help

Guest Sublime

Hey I have WIN98 sec. edition. I have DOOM2 ver. 1.9 and I run in under Windows but it was made for the dos run. Okay when ever I Downloaded the Win98 ver. for Zdoom. I loaded it up and it starts up. It lookss like garbage. Its all like crappy colored I can't make anything out at all!! Now when I downloaded the dos version and ran it, it looked and ran great. So I have two questions why is my color looks so crappy on the Windows version of Zdoom, and On the Dos version can I use TCP/IP and if so how?

What color depth are you running? Sounds like you are running 16 colors only. In DOS, it automatically switches to 256 - so that's why it look ok there.

To fix, up your color to at least 256. Right click in an open stop on the Windows desktop and select properties. Select the "Settings" tab and verify your "Colors" setting.

Stock DOS DOOM does not do TCP/IP.

Liberation said:

i not sure why the colors crappy but i happerns to me as well. I just change the resalotion(not spelled right)

You haven't got active desctop running as a web page, or any little desktop pet programs or similar running in the background have you. If they update whilst you are playing a game, even in full screen, they can mess up the pallette. Used to happen with me and ZDoom and a few other 256 colour games when I used an ISP that put an updated advert window in the corner of the desktop whilst I was online. If the advert changed, the pallette screwed up. Picking up an item, or getting shot (anything to change the pallette momentarily) reset it back to normal.

Since then I have got a new ISP, new graphics card, new zdoom and no problems.