Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Phileosophos

WadAuthor Progress Update #4

The latest installment of the never-ending saga of the program I just can't seem to stop writing is up. Check http://home.zyan.com/~wc/wauthor/index.html for details. Enjoy!

Phileosophos :

I hope you will finish the next Wad Author soon !

I can't wait to work with him !!!!!
:))))))

Yeah, that's the only down-side to my issuing these updates: people find out about the features and want to start using them. Yet I don't want to release something until I've accomplished a fair amount and have had time to do good QA testing. At this rate, I can hope to release it sometime in April.

Superbe !!! oh sorry, ! --> Perfect !

I,M working with Wad Author 1.30a since 3 years !!!! It's the only level builder i like than the others. Mixing him with Wintex43 have making a powerful wad maker !!!

This will be a good day if you can release him before April 1st ! Because March 31 st are my Birthday, so this will be a good present !
:)

Heh. Nice try at putting words in my mouth. I said at this rate I could release in April. It will likely be more toward the end of the month than the beginning.

Guest FRAGG
Phileosophos said:

Yeah, that's the only down-side to my issuing these updates: people find out about the features and want to start using them. Yet I don't want to release something until I've accomplished a fair amount and have had time to do good QA testing. At this rate, I can hope to release it sometime in April.

UPDATE #4 (hopefully, I got it rite)....
*** new....new setting allows user to choose background color in image preview window and new image browsing diagologue box.
(Really nice, it'll be just like the map screen color options).

*** new....rearranging/moving/copying via simple drag n'drop interface.... and deleting/renaming Lumps will be just as simple.
(Much appreciated!)

*** new.... next release will support not one but multiple external graphics PWADS... this new feature might be appreciated by users.
(You guessed right, very handy).

*** new ....will also rewrite image generation routines to what would have been ideal way from day-one -- if enuff users want it.
(Please do!)

*** I wuz in de hot shower... and de solutions to de problems suddenly came!)
(KEEP TAKIN' HOT SHOWERS!!! <g>)

Obviously was/is a lot of work and a great job Phileo, thanks from all.
fragg

Phileosophos said:

Heh. Nice try at putting words in my mouth. I said at this rate I could release in April. It will likely be more toward the end of the month than the beginning.

Hehe

Phileosophos said:

...April. It will likely be more toward the end of the month than the beginning

Cool, then it'll be MY birthday! Hehe :)

Guest fragg
Arioch said:

Hehe

Hey, X-DOOM !! .... you mite almost get your Birthday present in time for yer Birthday...
a brand new WadAuthor editor!!!
Now, how about buying the beer for everyone, X-Doom? - spread the cheer around!!<g>
fragg

Wooooooooooo !!!!!!!!!

We'll make very big party on the net ???? Meetting on CSDooM ????
Or under the DooMWorlD

Guest Kilokahn

See John, I told you in September:

"I must tell you, I mentioned a hypothetical question on IRC chat a few days ago about 'What if WadAuthor released a new version...' Everyone drooled at the thought, even the owner of Doomworld mentioned it would be great."

I am totally glad you decided to go about making a new version!

Adapting WinTex OR the extra tools into 1 solid program would be the true idea. As well as adding the new functions that ZDOOM uses. Many of the youngin' here could mention many things.

We all can agree that WadAuthor is the pick and we are glad to have the man himself with us for this momentus occasion!

(Hey John, I officially annouced a few months back that you now NEED Microsoft Kewl Certification becomes necessary for a job at my Radio Station.)

>"I must tell you, I mentioned a hypothetical question on
>IRC chat a few days ago about 'What if WadAuthor released
>a new version...' Everyone drooled at the thought, even
>the owner of Doomworld mentioned it would be great."

Yeah, and it was at least partially due to the email messages from you that I started poking around in the old code base.

>Adapting WinTex OR the extra tools into 1 solid program
>would be the true idea. As well as adding the new
>functions that ZDOOM uses. Many of the youngin' here
>could mention many things.

The last time I checked, WinTex was mostly coded in Visual Basic. The original author gave me the source code years ago in case I wanted to integrate it into WadAuthor, but making VBS code work in a C++ application wasn't a task I wanted to tackle. Regarding ZDoom, I have it on my list to look into including "official" support for ZDoom, BOOM, PRBOOM, etc. Right now I'm proceeding as best I can with one feature at a time, just hoping to come to a point whereat it feels like release time.