Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Guest pete the cheat

EDGE effects

Guest pete the cheat

I know this is probably a question that has been answered hundreds of times already (I'm always behind the times) but is there any way to achieve fog effects in EDGE levels similar to that in ZDoom. Also is there any way to achieve a Duke Nukem style CCTV network?

Thanks

Guest Fanatic

For fog effects, yes, just use a custom colormap (just like with regular DOOM).

Camera stuff is limited to end of map cameras, like Quake, nothing more for now. Full camera stuff like ZDOOM is planned.

Guest pete the cheat

OK next question, although EDGE refers to a FOGMAP in the COLMAP ddfs there is nothing in the edge wad file, can anybody either tell me how to make one myself or can they provide me with a fog colourmap themselves?

Thanks again

Pete the cheat

Guest Fanatic

It appears to be a goof on my part. I forgot to add the fogmap.lmp (the colormap).

You can make them using the BOOM tools for colormaps, it makes amazingly good colormaps. http://www.teamtnt.com

I believe the package has some premade colormaps you can use, including the fogmap.

Guest pete the cheat

OK next question, (god i love this forum!!!) is there a possibility of setting up monster patrol routes ie ZDoom or will this be implemented in the near future? I think it is a really cool idea and would love to use it in the maps i'm cooking up (along with the fog!!!)

Thanks

Guest Fanatic

You can already do that in EDGE 1.24 with RTS.

Use RTS Online:

http://download.sourceforge.net/edge/rtsonline2.6.zip

See the sections for TAGGED_PATH and NAME. It only works with monsters, and it's not perfect, so don't expect too much.