Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
pbldcttr

making new WCF files

I want to make a new WCF file of Strife for Wadauthor. I found the tutorial of Rick Clark, but I was wondering if there's anything more than that.
One last thing...if you know that there's already a WCF file for strife out there, do you know where I can find it?

Pablo D.
pablod.8m.com

WadAuthor cannot edit Strife - even if you make WCF entries:)) The Strife graphic format is not the same and it will crash!

DeePsea is the only editor that can edit Strife (the demo Strife or final version).

that's too bad. I'd tried to use deepsea, but is too hard and I really like wadauthor...well, i just might have to make my own level editor....
does anybody knows where I can get C++ books at low prices?

Actually, DeePsea can work very similar to WadAuthor using predefined rectangle and polygon stuff that you then drag around. You don't have to use all the tools available:)

Press F9 (or double right click) and you'll see a choice of prefabs, plus curved stairs. A "room" is an area that is not inside an existing area. An "object" is one you are placing in an existing area. Has to do with the direction the linedefs are created.

Select one of the object types, then left click to start creating it (dialogs vary depending on the object).

You can resize the prefab by moving your mouse around, so size it to what you want and then left click. You can create object after object. Either press Esc or right click to exit the tool.

Drag sides together by putting the cursor over a line and holding the right mouse button. Press enter or right click to edit object properties.

Drawing is actually faster and easier for complex areas since one just draws!

For an example of how to draw, from the top menu select help and then Tutorial Demo. It gives a step-by-step onscreen example of how to draw 2 rooms and connect them.

I forgot to say that WCF files for Strife can be done. A long time Ago, I e-mailed John Williston about it and he told me that a dude made a file for it. I tried to find that file on the web nothing but I didn't find it, that's why I posted the message, so i can make one.

The first (shareware) release of Strife did the graphics exactly the same as DOOM/2 (STRIFE0.WAD). Then they changed the format in Strife1.wad.

If you want to verify this, just put the STRIFE1.WAD in place of the DOOM2.WAD in a copy of DOOM2.WCF - call it STRIFE.WCF. Switch to STRIFE.WCF and see what happens:))

What you see has nothing to do with the contents of the WCF file. If you have the STRIFE0.WAD around you will see what I mean.

...I see....

why don't you guys made a sample wad like you did for DOOM?
...that would have been nice.....
...I won't bother you guys anymore...