Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Guest efreeze

Conversion Question

Guest efreeze

how do i convert zdoom maps to vanilla doom maps? and easy way then i could go back and edit slants to stairs and so forth?

Thanks

There are 2 ways to interpret your question. One is a ZDOOM level using the new specials and the other is a ZDOOM level using the Hexen format. I'm assuming you are referring to the Hexen format style.

You can read a "hexen style" level into a DeePsea DOOM2 project. The map geometry will be intact, but you will loose all the special information.

So you can manually edit them to mimick (as closely as possible) the ZDOOM specials and have a "DOOM" format level.

Guest efreeze

Well my problem is that I have been editing a map using zdoom as my base within wadauthor and I would like to change my route ive taken and make this map a straight vanilla doom map. The map has many zdoom things in it such as slanted grounds, trigger effects, and bridges <which I will have to not have within a vanilla doom map>. I just want to make sure that some of my triggers will stay in tact like making a monster come alive when a switch is activated or an item is picked up.

You'll have to redo all the specials -and- triggers. The format is completely different, so that's why they have to be removed. I could optionally leave all the tags there, not sure how much help that would be without having an identifying type?