Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Guest ryg1604

copyrighting a new trick?

Guest ryg1604

I have invented a new trick where a weapon rests over the player's head but he can't get it. He can walk under it without problem with out picking it up but to get it he has either to get high enough or find a mechanism to lower it. It is not like TNT map31 where the player walks over a blue sphere that is burried deep in the "water".

How can I make sure this is a new trick? If it is, should I "copyright" this trick by making a mini-WAD of it and send it to cdrom.com?

ryg

I think "copyright" is definately a wrong term for this. Take the 3D bridge... everyone knows it's Anthony Czwerwonka and Iikka Keranen who invented that trick, but the trick itself is now common knowledge. If yours is indeed a new trick you can upload a small example level to ftp.cdrom.com. That way, you'll be acknowledged to have inplemented this trick first.

Yah, I've got one too... I haven't started making a level of it though...

Same here. It's a trick where you walk on a button located on the floor (like the ones seen in Quake 1) and another sector/door/whatever is activated.

Ummm.... that has been done MANY times. But, there is one I just thought up with like a round button and when you step on it it goes down and a wall or door opens/goes down as well.

Guest ryg1604
Lazer said:

Ummm.... that has been done MANY times. But, there is one I just thought up with like a round button and when you step on it it goes down and a wall or door opens/goes down as well.

That's a trick? I would consider this regular editing. The round button has a walking trigger that lets it go down. The same trigger can be used to have another sector (with the same linedef tag) go down at the same time as the button or have a second walking trigger right next to he first one to cause another sector (door, etc...) to go up.

ryg